• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

New guy From Texas, Galveston area mainland

Have been reading on this forum for months and decided to join up. My head still hurts from what I have read and have forgotten a lot of what I read already, lots of good information and way to much for me. Have a nice custom 6.5 and will post some pictures of her and the target only out to 100yrds. Love some of the builds I have seen and hope to gain more info as time goes on. Like I said overload!!??? but in a good way. Thanks to everyone for some nice reading.

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to your contributions. Do you reload?

Comment

• Slappy
      Warrior
      • Feb 2014

Every time the magazine is empty!!. Ha Ha No sir not going to reload. When I ordered my rifle I was doing fine but since then this past winter I developed some health issues. Seems like there is to much info out there (for me) and it is still hard to get powder and bullets so I am just sticking with what I know for now and buying already made when I can. Have not had any issues with the ammo and it is very accurate from what I have shot so far just out to 100, it is a nail driven son of a gun for sure. Found a LONG range that lets people still come and shoot, one of these days a buddy and myself are going there and let these guns jump on out there. Out of 5 Long ranges all but one have waiting lists and they have even shut them down because they have to many people waiting already, and one you can not join unless you know someone already there that is a member and that one is an hr and half away. I do keep my brass the Lapua ( I pronounce LAPOW!!) I will send back and get reloaded the Hornady I will end up giving to some one and maybe hope to work something out with them just to see what happens.

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Howdy!
        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Most people pronounce Lapua "Luh POO uh", but it's actually "Lah-poo-ah" said very quickly, with no accents on any of the syllables, like a musical triplet. I've been on an unsuccessful one-man quest to get Americans pronouncing it right, but I think LR1955 is the only one who has gotten it so far.

Same with SAKO, "Sah-ko" said quickly, not "say-ko". SAKO is actually an acronym for Suojeluskuntain Ase- ja Konepaja O

Comment

• Slappy
            Warrior
            • Feb 2014

123grain SSTs and have a back order in for some AMAX but do not see how that is going to be any better than what I have been doing. Will have to wait to find out on that one though. The pronunciation I do not have a problem with I just like saying LAPOW. Same thing with Ge Zell (Geiselle) just my thing, so I hope no one gets to offended. Life is to short, just having some fun. BANG BANG!! and that is short for shoot em up guys and have some fun doing it.

Comment

The pronunciation nazi is just something I like to throw out to make conversation.

Hornady certainly has done a great job on the 123gr A-MAX and SST factory loads when it comes to accuracy.

Comment

• Crippleshot1
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2014

Hey I like hearing the correct pronunciation since most of the time I don't hear the word I only read them in a magazine or something. Ha ha

Slappy your right down the road. I'm in southwest Louisiana, go to Houston quite often( MD Anderson)

Comment

A Louisiana welcome to the horde neighbor.

Comment

• Trock03
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jun 2012

Slappy - Take a look around when you're at Academy next. I live just west of Houston and the two stores in my area are keeping about 10 boxes of Hornady SSTs in stock regularly.

TC

Comment

• customcutter

Slappy, welcome to the horde. Hope you get to try the legs out on the grendel soon. Yep, I picked up 5 boxes at Academy in Jacksonville, Fl around christmas.

Comment

Hi Slappy, Welcome to the Horde.

Comment

• bluebird
                          Bloodstained
                          • Oct 2013

Welcome!!

Comment

• Slappy
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2014

Thanks for all the howdys!! BANG BANG!!