X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AbHobbyist

Hello to all from North of the 49th!!

Hello to all!!

I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks and introduce myself.

My name is Richard and I am writing to you from southern Alberta, here in Canada.

I have been a long time AR, fan (or addict LOL!!), and have built them in several carbines, uppers, and complete rifles in several different calibers, for both myself and my close friends. When I build an AR, its usually done with a purpose, and when the opportunity presents itself.

I have wanted a 6.5 Gendel to shoot DMR style long range ever since I heard of the cartridge back in 2010. The opportunity recently presented itself in the form of a lightly used barrel, bolt, and a small stash of once fired Lapua brass.

I am just waiting for a few more parts and components to arrive, and I hope to finish my build, and reload some rounds before the new year.

While I am waiting, I have spent some time lurking and reading, and I have found this board to be a great place for information.

So thanks for having me, and I look forward to sharing and learning from all of you.

Regards and all the best

Richard aka AbHobbyist

Welcome, Richard. What's the weather like right now?

Comment

• AbHobbyist

Frank

Thank you !!

Right now the sun is going down, and it's a very pretty sunset!!

Its actually quite pleasant, about -3C with is about 27F

We had about 3 inches of snow this morning.

So all in all, not a bad day!!

regards

AbH

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome. We've had a few orders for Grendel Reloading Handbooks going up to Canada and Alaska lately. Did you get one by any chance?

Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with your Grendel up there.

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Comment

• AbHobbyist

Thanks all

Sneaky

With out going into to much detail, we have some tighter controls up here, and the down side of it is that are not able to hunt with AR's (I know I know, and please don't ask me to explain, as some of our laws are beyond that!!)

Any how, so for the most part, AR are confined to certified ranges. That suits me fine, as I have pretty well given up hunting, and most of my shooting/training is at the range

So at this point my aim is to use this Grendel build for longer range paper punching and steel bashing.

If things go well, I may just build a bolt gun, but one thing at the time.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

regards

AbH

Comment

Working...
              X