Tough Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough Gun

Was working at a friends gun shop when a return customer came in with his AR and a sheepish look on his face. Turns out the rifle was a 20" bull barreled Grendel. He said it was a half minute shooter and he thought he had messed up the barrel. He had me look down the muzzle and sure enough, there was some markings or disturbance in the barrel about 4" or so from the muzzle. Measuring the OD of the barrel didn't show any bulging. I finally got him to admit what had happened. He had just installed a new scope on the rife and then had taken it outside to sight in. He just failed to remove the laser bore sighter before he fired the first shot. Needles to say the report startled him, as well as the sharpness of the recoil. He thought he had screwed up his new barrel. I asked if he had fired the rifle since the incident and he said no, that he was afraid to. Finding no visible damage to the rifle, I told him to reserve judgement on it being screwed up until he fired it. Later in the month, he returned and said it was still shooting 1/2 minute like before. Lucky him.
Working...
X