Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • a7x4life2005

New member thanks to bwaites!

Thanks to bwaites for helping with me activation! I'm a new member and also new to the Grendel. Just took a 13.5" BHW stainless 264lbc barrel/bolt and a few mags in on a trade with plans to resell but figured what the hell, I wanna build a Grendel! KA Tactical billet upper is on it's way as we speak along with a few other goodies! Can't wait to get it together. Only dilemma is, pay Uncle Same $200 and wait almost a year(according to local ATF office) or just pin a comp or brake on and be done with it. Anyways, sorry for such a long post. Can't wait to get crackin' on the build!
  • KentuckyBuddha
    Warrior
    • Oct 2012

Welcome! Meh...you have to wear ears at Knob Creek anyhow right? : ) I hope the next move is a move back there!!

Seriously though, I wonder if doing it through a trust might make it go faster? Good luck either way. Get a pizza up the road over at Wick's on Dixie Dieway for me.

Comment

Welcome. Good luck on the build.

Comment

• a7x4life2005

Yep, ear boogers or muffs required. I wear both because of the d bags with 50's and huge brakes that sit right next to you! And Wicks is awesome! Why? BECAUSE 8LB PIZZA! I've also looked into a trust but it seems a bit complicated to me.

Comment

Welcome! from another A7X fan!!

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
            Warrior
            • Oct 2012

I think the trust thing is an absolute no brainer way to go, so I am told...I still have not gotten around to getting mine.

Wicks is great, and probably my favorite...Impelizzeri's (sp) across town is I think even heavier. They have a very distinctive spice blend that generally folk love or hate...but I oddly can take or leave but occasionally prefer.

I often wear inner and outer hearing protection as well, and often listen to podcasts, music, or books in the earbuds in the inner ones. : )

Comment

• Steffen
              Unwashed
              • Apr 2013

A7x4life, congrats on getting in and thanks for steering me in the direction I needed to go as well. Finally in!

Comment

• a7x4life2005

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes!

Comment

Welcome. Will you be hand-loading for the Grendel?

Comment

• a7x4life2005

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    Welcome. Will you be hand-loading for the Grendel?
                    I will eventually. Already have powder(s), Wolf primers, around 190 once fired Hornady cases, and a mix of Hornady, Lapua, and Barnes bullets in a few different weights. I'm just waiting on back ordered dies to come in. Until then, I bought 10 boxes of Hornady 123gr A-Max to play with. Also decided that I'm just going to pin a 3" brake on it for now instead of waiting almost a year for the Gov't to say it's okay

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2012

Where I think he was going with that was that he and a couple of other fellows have a reloading manual specifically for Grendel. It is quite good...it has a permanent place on my nightstand...and I have no interest in it. : ) You can find it here: http://www.ar15buildbox.com/

Comment

• a7x4life2005

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
                        Where I think he was going with that was that he and a couple of other fellows have a reloading manual specifically for Grendel. It is quite good...it has a permanent place on my nightstand...and I have no interest in it. : ) You can find it here: http://www.ar15buildbox.com/
                        I read a little over half of the description and immediately ordered it! 6.5 Grendel seemed to be the only caliber missing from my Lyman manual. All of the load data that I have saved to begin with were recipes saved off of forums. Thank you for the link!

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2012

You are most welcome...it is nice that I don't have to worry about the recommendation. I am positive you will enjoy it!

Comment

Working...
                          X