Mornin from the Newb..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin from the Newb..........

Well, you guys have already changed my mind and I just got here...... I listed my Grendel on Vaguntrader.com a couple days ago, and was refered here by a Grendel member......... After snooping around a bit I've decided to keep the Grendel and sell a FAL. I like the FAL, rifle-wise, but I think the Grendel is a better caliber than the 308, so Grendel it is. A FAL in 6.5 would be awsome....... Hmmm.

Anyway, I guess you guys are stuck with me for a while. Now I'm thinkin I shouldn.t have sold the virgin brass I had with the rifle..... Oh well.

Ok, on to harrasing the groundhogs and coyotes......
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Sounds like you made a good choice. Welcome aboard.
    Drifter

Comment

• lilharcher
      Warrior
      • Feb 2013

Welcome. I'm new too and loving this sight. Lots of great info.

Comment

• tackdriver
        Warrior
        • Feb 2013

I'm glad to see you finally got on. That sucks that you sold. That brass but it worked out well for me! Since you decided to keep the rifle I will sell it back if you really want it. This site has good folks and lots of info so enjoy.

Comment

Welcome! Hop you enjoy it here, and I would take tack driver up on that offer,not many people would do that.

Richard

Comment

A lot of good folks here to help in anyway possible. Good choice on the Grendel but I'm a little bias, love the round and the AR platform. Welcome to the Horde

Comment

Welcome. What's the breakdown of your Grendel? Barrel length, etc.

Comment

Howdy from New Mexico or maybe I should say Hola !!

Comment

• maverick5582

New here as well. I have learned more here on the 6.5 G in a short while than all the year before everywhere else. Welcome aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by tackdriver View Post
                    I'm glad to see you finally got on. That sucks that you sold. That brass but it worked out well for me! Since you decided to keep the rifle I will sell it back if you really want it. This site has good folks and lots of info so enjoy.
                    I appreciate the offer, but a deal's a deal. That's what I get for changin' my mind. No worries - still leaves me with a little over 100 pieces of brass / ammo. Thanks for be info on the site - need to scrounge around and see why I can dig up. I'm also really thinkin hard on dragging one of those Argentine Mauser actions out and build a bolt gun in 6.5 - that's really eatin at me now......
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-01-2013, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Grendel breakdown

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                      Welcome. What's the breakdown of your Grendel? Barrel length, etc.
                      I have a Bushmaster lower with an Alexander Arms Overwatch (24" bbl) upper. The previous owner was a bench rest shooter that didn't like the recoil spring noise. He did have a trigger over travel screw installed in the selector - works very well. I swapped the factory forearm with a Yankee Hill quad rail, added a 20x Super Sniper scope and then camo'd the rifle with Duracoat. Also added a flashier. I'll see if I can post a pic

Last edited by Guest; 07-01-2013, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• Variable
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!
                        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• leopard6.5

Shum8: Welcome to the Horde!

Enjoy the addiction like the rest of us.

Lee

PS- you might want to put your state designation in your profile so it shows up when you post on the forum.

It let's other members know if they are in your area if you need help with anything.

Comment

Working...
                          X