• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maverick5582

Howdy From NC

• tackdriver
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

Welcome to the hoard, I'm fairly new here but have had good talk,trades, and business with this bunch. Hope you enjoy your new toy.

Comment

welcome! Looking forward to range reports.

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome in Mav 5582. The build sounds nice, very nice.
        Hope she's a shooter., mine is & I love it.
        The mighty Grrr rocks onward..

Comment

Welcome. What reamer did you use? Looking forward to your results.

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!
            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• maverick5582

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              Welcome. What reamer did you use? Looking forward to your results.
              I used a JGS reamer that was ground to AA's print.

Comment

Chambered it up yourself, very cool. Look forward to pics and range reports. Welcome to the Horde.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Mav-do you own that reamer-or is it a rental unit?
                  Many want to know! Thanks dude. I have a few calibers on the side lines to build-Manson is the go to place-kinda... Any help is cool=thanks. I'm trying to re-invent the 6.5 MPC unit-it's a pain in the A.,as it sits=it is a cool round otherwise. Think Grendel lite-in 6.5, I want to use it for the Varmint gang=lighter pills inside of it.
                  S1

Comment

• maverick5582

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                    Mav-do you own that reamer-or is it a rental unit?
                    Many want to know! Thanks dude. I have a few calibers on the side lines to build-Manson is the go to place-kinda... Any help is cool=thanks. I'm trying to re-invent the 6.5 MPC unit-it's a pain in the A.,as it sits=it is a cool round otherwise. Think Grendel lite-in 6.5, I want to use it for the Varmint gang=lighter pills inside of it.
                    S1
                    No the reamer is not mine. It was made available to me just to chamber my barrel with. This reamer has the rifling all the way back to the neck, meaning virtually no freebore. OAL is important and the Ogive comes into play quite a bit. QuickLOAD has been quite a bit of help with the what-ifs.

Comment

• sneaky one
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Very interesting, Mav-thanks. I may know a few that would be interested in renting -that one.? ( PM me any ideas on this, thanks.)
                      What bullets are in the works-as to the freebore cut, mostly target, or some hunting units?

Comment

• maverick5582

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                        Very interesting, Mav-thanks. I may know a few that would be interested in renting -that one.? ( PM me any ideas on this, thanks.)
                        What bullets are in the works-as to the freebore cut, mostly target, or some hunting units?
                        100 Sierra #1710: Medium load 28.7 g IMR 4895; 2588 fps. I am not running hot loads till I have an extra bolt and some spare parts. The rest of the bullets I have now are the: 107 SMK, 120 Sierra Spitzer #1720, 123 Amax. IMR 4895 is the only powder I have till next Tuesday. XBR arrives then. Still do not have the correct full length die and neck sizing die yet. I used Redding S bushing dies on my 6.5x284 Norma. Hope to have the correct dies in a couple of weeks. I shoot mostly targets.

Comment

• Tedward
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2013

Welcome and how about some pic's too???

Comment

• maverick5582

Grendel Pic

Plate attached to float tube is for tripod. Bipod with float tube attachment. Bi-Pod adjustable stop also used as hand stop. 10x40-56mm, 30mm tube, glass borrowed from one of my other rifles. 24" Barrel is 1.000" from extension to .830" gas block. .800" forward of gas block. Red barrel cover is plastic protector from AN pipe fitting. During load development I shoot from tripod and bag.
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-28-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• sneaky one
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Off to a great start Mav-nice work. Keep us all informed on the progress you will attain.

Comment

Working...
                              X