Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Atlanta, GA

Hello everyone,

I have been reading the forum for the past couple of weeks and have really enjoyed it. This is a great community with knowledgeable members and I'm looking forward to learning a lot here.

I am just getting into the 6.5 Grendel and will eventually start reloading for it. For now, I am purchasing any Hornady or Wolf Gold ammunition I can find.

I picked up my rifle just over a week ago. It is an Alexander Arms GDMR with a 24" full length fluted barrel. It has a monolithic upper receiver with a Premier Tactical Scope.

I have only been able to shoot from 100 yards so far but plan to shoot 300 plus yards soon. At 100 yards, it shoots great and is extremely accurate using Hornady's 123 gr AMAX ammunition.

From reading the forum, pics seem to be a necessity. Here are a few pics.

Thank you!
    Jim

DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0057.jpg

Well, you started out right with the pics! Great looking stick, and glad to have you here.

Comment

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
      Well, you started out right with the pics! Great looking stick, and glad to have you here.
      Thank you!

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Hee hee! Yep, started right!

Welcome aboard!!!
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Originally posted by Variable View Post
          Hee hee! Yep, started right!

Welcome aboard!!!
          Thanks!

Comment

Welcome, and nice boom stick. No expense spared on that one...

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              Welcome, and nice boom stick. No expense spared on that one...
              That's for sure! And the ammo is adding up quickly too!
              Thank you!

Comment

• leopard6.5

GONE2VT: Welcome to the Horde!

Enjoy the addiction like the rest of us.

Lee

Comment

• wheelguner
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2011

Jim,
                  We share the same first name as well as our interest in the Grendel. Where do you shoot in Atlanta? I shoot at Cherokee Gun Club near Gainesville. Our longest range is 200yd. The only facility in the Atlanta area with a 300yd range that I know off is River Bend.
                  Welcome aboard,
                  Jim Crow

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2012

Where I shoot they only go out to 200 yards as well. http://bobscustomfirearms.com/

I am pretty sure River Bend has a range all the way out to 600 but it is a long way from Fayetteville, and you have to have two members sponsor you iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelguner View Post
                      Jim,
                      We share the same first name as well as our interest in the Grendel. Where do you shoot in Atlanta? I shoot at Cherokee Gun Club near Gainesville. Our longest range is 200yd. The only facility in the Atlanta area with a 300yd range that I know off is River Bend.
                      Welcome aboard,
                      Jim Crow
                      Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
                      Where I shoot they only go out to 200 yards as well. http://bobscustomfirearms.com/

I am pretty sure River Bend has a range all the way out to 600 but it is a long way from Fayetteville, and you have to have two members sponsor you iirc.
                      Hey guys. Thank you and great to meet you!

I belong to Picken's County Sportsman's Club in Talking Rock, GA (Near Jasper). It is a little bit of a drive but I don't mind. They are very laid back and the price is right. They have a 100 yard range and a 300 yard range as well as an IDPA area, 2 pistol ranges, 50 yard range, Skeet & Trap, and Wobble Trap.

I'm not sure if you've heard of Hi Caliber in Holly Spring, GA but I work there part time. It's a gun store and indoor shooting range. One of my co-workers is a member at River Bend and he loves it. I have yet to join him for a day on the range at River Bend but I hope to at some point so I can see how nice it is. I have several customers who are members there and everyone says it's awesome. The initial expense is much higher than Picken's County Sportsman's Club and KentuckyBuddha is right about the 600 yard range and the two sponsorship's.

Maybe we can get together for some shooting at some point.

Thanks,
                      Jim

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2012

Hello there! It is my pleasure. Don't twist my arm, not so hard, not so hard. lol Of course, I would love to go shoot anytime! : ) I am down in Fayetteville but am willing to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
                          Hello there! It is my pleasure. Don't twist my arm, not so hard, not so hard. lol Of course, I would love to go shoot anytime! : ) I am down in Fayetteville but am willing to drive.
                          Ha ha! That's great. We'll stay in touch and get something planned soon.

Comment

You got all the good stuff. Excellent set-up, thanks for the pic, your right, it didn't happen unless you have pictures. Welcome to the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
                              You got all the good stuff. Excellent set-up, thanks for the pic, your right, it didn't happen unless you have pictures. Welcome to the Horde.
                              Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X