Hello from Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Indiana

Hello thanks for having me here. Just put together an AR chambered in 6.5 and hoping to learn some great knowledge about this cartridge. Will post some pics soon. thanks again
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bowtie View Post
    Hello thanks for having me here. Just put together an AR chambered in 6.5 and hoping to learn some great knowledge about this cartridge. Will post some pics soon. thanks again
    Welcome to the Grendel Horde!
    Last edited by bwaites; 04-18-2013, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Welcome. Looking forward to your experiences. Are you looking at hunting deer mostly? Seems like that's pretty common for folks from your neck of the woods.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

Huh??? I thought Indiana was a shotgun only state for deer hunting?? Oh, and welcome sir! : D

Comment

• cbe1962
          Warrior
          • Sep 2012

Welcome aboard Bowtie. The Horde will help you with any questions you may have. I have been amazed at the about of knowledge here.

What part of Indiana? I'm in north central (almost Michigan).

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            Welcome. Looking forward to your experiences. Are you looking at hunting deer mostly? Seems like that's pretty common for folks from your neck of the woods.
            I wish I could hunt deer with it but its not a dear legal caliber in this state in a rifle.

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
            Huh??? I thought Indiana was a shotgun only state for deer hunting?? Oh, and welcome sir! : D
            No without getting too technical you can use a handgun .44 mag or bigger and in AR style .450 bushmaster .458 socom and the .50 beuwolf. Basically pistol caliber in a rifle.

Originally posted by cbe1962 View Post
            Welcome aboard Bowtie. The Horde will help you with any questions you may have. I have been amazed at the about of knowledge here.

What part of Indiana? I'm in north central (almost Michigan).
            I used to live in Laporte now I have moved to South Bend.

Comment

• leopard6.5

Bowtie: Welcome to the Horde!

Enjoy the addiction like the rest of us.

Lee

PS- you might want to put your state designation in your profile so it shows up when you post on the forum.

It let's other members know if they are in your area if you need help with anything.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                Warrior
                • Oct 2012

That is very distressing to learn those rules have not changed since my office was there like 15+ years ago. The physics of using pistol rounds makes humane kills a difficulty to say the least. If I were you I would be sorely tempted to go with a fully rifled 12 ga and use the 300 grain SST bullet from Hornady that goes 2,000 fps. It should not be that much of a challenge to make neck shots with that that would not waste the best meat or leather and would definitely give you "Dead Right There" (DRT) performance. The deer are unlikely to get such a deal from folk using the .44. : (

I imagine you will have a ball with the grendel shooting just for fun though!! Enjoy sir!

Comment

Howdy from NW Indiana. I'm west of you over by the state line.

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!
                    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Sounds like IN has as goofy rules as WI. Up north we can use pistol, rifle, shotgun whatever but in roughly the lower half it's shotgun or pistol only. Supposedly it was a safety measure back in the day, shotguns don't carry as far as rifles, a good thing in more populated areas, yad yad yad. Recently, a study was done here in the state of all recorded deerhunting shooting accidents and it was found the shotgun did nothing from a safety aspect in fact it showed just the opposite. The report has gotten a lot of support and we are trying to eliminate the shotgun/pistol only rule, hopefully by this next season.

Anyway, back to the Grendel, it's a great shooter you should enjoy it. Welcome to the Horde.
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-20-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

My .357 Maximum and I take deer every year since the laws changed back in 2008. Even my 45LC slings a 300gr slug out at 1800fps and kills with authority. Both of them kick a lot less than a 12ga slug.

My family resides in New Albany.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

welcome to the horde

Comment

Working...
                            X