Sup Horde...from the Gamecock Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sup Horde...from the Gamecock Nation

Thanks for having standards so low you would accept me as a member. You should be ashamed!

I'm in the heart of the Gamecock Nation aka South Carolina. I have one Grendel in the safe and working on Grendel #2 (A bolt! A bolt! My kingdom for a bolt!).

Grendel #1 is a Shilen 20" 1-9 twist match HBAR with an Adams Arms piston covered by a Samson EVO 12 EXT hand guard. Receivers are Mega Arms billet units with a JP trigger. I have only put 40 rounds down the tube but it shoots better than I do. I have put 5 rounds in 1.5 inches at 200 yards but my friend shot an embarrassingly much smaller group...cough ...touching ...cough. In an act of temporary insanity/loving kindness I gave it to my 13 year old son for his birthday a few weeks ago.

Grendel #2 has been in the process since mid December when I ordered the AA bolt and later a Brux 22" 1-8.5 twist barrel. Mega Arms receivers have been on order since early January ....I expect those to arrive any day now. The JP trigger, PRI hand guard and other small parts are on the bench.

So with that and 800 or so rounds in the Ammo cans it looks like I'm hooked.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-04-2013, 06:43 PM.

Welcome. Don't put pictures of your son and his birthday present on Facebook.

Comment

Welcome. Looking forward to hearing more about your projects.

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

We need more Dad's like you, Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by davidj View Post
          Welcome. Don't put pictures of your son and his birthday present on Facebook.
          That sounds like the voice of (a bad) experience.

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Spurrious View Post
            That sounds like the voice of (a bad) experience.
            I believe he is referring to this occurence: http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...ture-shows-gun

Anywhoo: Welcome aboard!
            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• leopard6.5

Spurrious: Welcome to the Horde!

Enjoy the addiction like the rest of us.

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                I believe he is referring to this occurence: http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...ture-shows-gun

Anywhoo: Welcome aboard!
                WOW! That is just stupid in action! This quote is troubling "You can’t be prosecuted for making an allegation of child abuse — even if it’s false,” she said.". Maybe not but I would sure sue them until the cows come home!

Comment

• dmsims21
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2012

Welcome
                  www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Welcome in Spurr. This is the place for the best data . The 6.5 G will not let anyone down. You should have a fine rifle there. Hope she's a shooter.

Comment

Welcome from another South Carolinian! This is a great place to learn about nurturing your addiction.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2013

Welcome fellow SEC member. I'm an LSU grad and am cool with the SC gamecocks and Spurrier now that we don't have to see him every year like we did when he was at Florida. Welcome aboard.
                        Geaux Tigers!

Comment

Trust me if Spurrier was your coach....you would love him.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2013

Spurrier is a funny guy. I liked it when he and the Clemson's coach were going back and forth about "Death Valley". Spurrier said the only on he knew of was the one in Baton Rouge. I appreciated the props to LSU on that one. I'm just saying I didn't like him at all when he was at Florida and we had to play them every year. Especially becasue they usually kicked our butt. How's Lattimore doing? I haven't heard much about him lately. I really liked that guy. Seemed to have his head on straight and was a good guy. I hope all the best for him.

Comment

• Gamecock84

Whats up brother! Fellow Gamecock (and currently displaced SC native) and proud of it! I do believe the forum is a better place with us here. Now if there are any Clemsux guys on here just please keep quiet and know your role!

Anyways, welcome!

Ryan

Comment

Working...
                              X