Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • takiniteasy88

New guy from windy new mexico.

I received my 24" AA Overwatch in December and still have not made it out to shoot. I hope to go tomorrow I hope it is all it is cracked up to be. I am stocked up on 500 rounds of wolf 120 gr. MPT

Welcome. What optics are you running?

Comment

Welcome to the horde. Your rifle should please you, and I've seen impressive results with the wolf ammo out of some sticks.

Comment

Welcome
        where do you do your shooting?

Comment

• leopard6.5

takiniteasy88: Welcome to the Horde!

Enjoy the addiction like the rest of us.

Lee

PS- you might want to put your state designation in your profile so it shows up when you post on the forum.

It let's other members know if they are in your area if you need help with anything.

Comment

• takiniteasy88

I shoot at Patriot Outdoors. Its a little place 10 minuets from Texas. On windy days it is 1 minute from Texas.

Comment

• takiniteasy88

On the optic I wont know until the morning, just depends on how good the sales guy is. I joke kinda I am going to just shoot red dot and iron sights so I can get a feel for the girl. I am still debating X16 and under or X20 and over.

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!
                Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Keep The Change
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2013

Welcome. I'm jealous that you actually have on to shoot. I joined here a few weeks ago and I still have 4 months to wait on a barrel to get my build going.

Keep us posted on how it shoots, especially when you get some optics.

Comment

I wish you luck on your first time out with the Grendel, first dates are always awkward but exciting. Let us know how it went. Welcome to the Horde.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome, always cool to have another new mexican on the board.

LT.

Comment

Originally posted by takiniteasy88 View Post
                          I shoot at Patriot Outdoors. Its a little place 10 minuets from Texas. On windy days it is 1 minute from Texas.
                          Hey awesome. I shoot out there too. I live in portales so it's a 25 min drive, but it's not that much of a drive for around here.

Comment

• takiniteasy88

Originally posted by Peck1631 View Post
                            Hey awesome. I shoot out there too. I live in portales so it's a 25 min drive, but it's not that much of a drive for around here.
                            I have my feelers out for some land right now I am tired of shooting on a 100 meter range, and now with the Grendel I am itching for at least 800 meters. If anyone knows of any place in the Clovis area let me know.

Comment

• babaganoush
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by takiniteasy88 View Post
                              I have my feelers out for some land right now I am tired of shooting on a 100 meter range, and now with the Grendel I am itching for at least 800 meters. If anyone knows of any place in the Clovis area let me know.
                              Clovis?! That's not New Mexico. That's considered West Texas!

Just kidding, of course. Welcome to the board. That is some awfully flat land, out there, though. Not much to keep that prairie wind from blowing through. If you can stand the drive, there are a couple of ranges in the Albuquerque area where you can shoot 700 - 1000 yards (Zia and Del Norte Gun Clubs). Both are private, but I believe that there are some members on this board that can, with the right incentive, take you in as a guest.
                              "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Working...
                              X