Hallo from da snowy frozen minne soDa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallo from da snowy frozen minne soDa!

I have got bitten by the Grendel bug long time ago and am finally at a place where I have decided where to jump in.. within a week or so I will have a complete Grendel to put glass on and start shooting. So I am going "information overload" to figure out where I want to start loading what with what to dial it in as a good shooter. I hope to have it somewhat dialed in by the end of may so I can take it with me to SD on our annual "dog gone" prairie dog trip.

Anyway Hi all! Looking foreword to hanging out on here and B.S.ing!

Ya you bet cha' ! lol
  • rickOshay
    Warrior
    • Apr 2012

Welcome - you'll find all you need here and MORE.

Will you be reloading?

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Carnutz, welcome in. Oh, no another car guy from the soda st. Our cars rust away so fast we have a vast interest, knowledge of dem tings. How's yur shovel holdin up-eh?
      My snowblower-had to weld 2 pieces back on dis winter. Snow again on Monday....

Hope your new rifle works as well as ours do.

What part of the st. are you in?

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

You've come to the right place, welcome to the Horde.

When will it stop snowing? April? May?

Comment

• leopard6.5

Carnutz: Welcome to the Horde!

Enjoy the addiction like the rest of us.

Lee

PS- you might want to put your state designation in your profile so it shows up when you post on the forum.

It let's other members know if they are in your area if you need help with anything.

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Thanks all for the welcome! I reside in Oakdale and for those who don't know where that is, it is let's say "east metro". However we have couple hundred acres 45 min or so north of Alexandria a midst the lakes. I do half of my shooting there and hunt deer and stuff "up nordth".

To answer the questions... Yes I will/am loading for the Grendel, actually I cant remember the last time I bought any loaded centerfire ammo. I started loading when I was old enough to "pull the handle" with my father in the late 70's.. wow that dates me..

This weekend has been fairly busy with a popular gun show in town and my crappy memory causing me to make a couple trips to my favorite gun store that I really go to for reloading supplies and info. I have been reading and studying the thread about "loads that work well in everyone's gun" and pouring over various reloading manuals trying to figure out where to start with this thing. So far I have 200 laupa cases, a box of 123 G a-maxes, box of 120 G SMK's and a box of 120 Nosler ballistic tips. I bought a # of 8208 when I got the brass, redding Dies and the shell holders for press and lee prime tool. I think I'll make a box of stuff to try in 5 round lots and see what it likes....

I have a complete upper and the lower should be fully together when the trigger and the rest of the "furniture" shows up this week. then just to decide on what to put on it for glass....

Oh and my snow blower is tired... he has had a long winter with much "exercise"...

I look foreword to learning and growing here!!

Comment

Working...
                X