• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keep The Change
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

Hey ya'll from the Central Time Zone

The govt watches these sites so I'm not going to reveal my location.
    I'm in the great state of Texas. It'll be great as long as we can stop amnesty and keep the liberal Californians from moving from the state they screwed up to Texas where they would do the same.

Seriously though, I'm new to the Grendel, LBC or whatever the heck you want to call it. Don't torch me yet, I know they are slightly different cartridges. I'm wanting to get into Long Range target shooting and have built a couple of AR's and wanted to continue with the AR-15 platform.

So the Grendel is the obvious and only choice really. So I've been doing my homework on the cartridge, ballistics, and even the history. I might say I'm thoroughly confused on the latter because it seems fans of Mr. Alexander and fans of Mr. Bauer like to point fingers at each other.

As long as I can shoot either cartridge in either barrel, I'm good to go with them all.
    Anyway I'm originally from Baton Rouge, LA and been in TX for 11 yrs. I'm here to stay hopefully.

Enough jibber jabber from me, I need to head over to the barrel room and ask some questions.
    Later,
    KTC
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Howdy!
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• leopard6.5

Keep The Change: Welcome to the Horde!

Enjoy the addiction like the rest of us.

Lee

Comment

• Keep The Change
        Warrior
        • Mar 2013

Thanks for the greetings Lee and txgunner00. I'm looking forward to the adventure and challenge.

txgunner00, you'll have to tell me the good places to shoot when I come visit my brother in Cedar Park. I'm in Fort Worth so we get down there pretty regularly. Actually my mom is thinking of moving into Leander.

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Welcome. There is a straightforward discussion of the Grendel history and development in the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook without any finger-pointing. Success has many authors I guess, and is more often the results of team effort, even when one passes the torch to another.

The Handbook discusses the chamber variants and advises to know your chamber, and load for it appropriately. Do you reload?

Comment

Flamings frowned upon here but there's lots of good info and good guys here. You'll be pleased with the Grendel/LBC(tomAto/tomato), it's a performer. Welcome to the Horde.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                Warrior
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                Welcome. There is a straightforward discussion of the Grendel history and development in the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook without any finger-pointing. Success has many authors I guess, and is more often the results of team effort, even when one passes the torch to another.

The Handbook discusses the chamber variants and advises to know your chamber, and load for it appropriately. Do you reload?
                Thanks LRRPF52, I'll review the handbook. I do not reload yet. I think eventually I will be reloading but it will take time to get all the equipment. But I will be studying and doing my homework during this time.
                I do have friends that reloading equipment but they don't do 6.5's but .308 and 5.56. But I think I might be able to use there stuff in the mean time. Again I have plenty of learning before I will approach that. I have to first get a barrel before I can do anything.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
                  Flamings frowned upon here but there's lots of good info and good guys here. You'll be pleased with the Grendel/LBC(tomAto/tomato), it's a performer. Welcome to the Horde.
                  Well that is good. I figured as much with a smaller crowd here and very specialized round with not as big a following. Sounds like my kind of place.

Comment

Welcome. You will be happy with this site.

Comment

• txgunner00
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Keep The Change View Post
                      Thanks for the greetings Lee and txgunner00. I'm looking forward to the adventure and challenge.

txgunner00, you'll have to tell me the good places to shoot when I come visit my brother in Cedar Park. I'm in Fort Worth so we get down there pretty regularly. Actually my mom is thinking of moving into Leander.
                      Best of the West in Liberty Hill. 1000 yd. rifle, pistol, TAC bays and skeet. By far the best range in the area and good people. http://texasshootingrange.com/

Eagle Peak in Jonestown is OK during the week. RO's are hit and miss. I call first and avoid it if certain people are working. I wouldn't bother with them at all if I wasn't 10 minutes away.

Red's Indoor Range in Pflugerville. I don't care for indoor ranges in general so I haven't been there in years. Wasn't impressed the last time I went though.
                      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2013

Thanks a lot txgunner00. I'll have to remember that when we go down to Austin again. Thanks for the info.
                        I'm with you on indoor ranges. I can't stand them either. All the outdoor ranges around here require memberships. There are 2 in the area and both have pros and cons and I'm trying to decide which one I'd like to join.

Comment

Working...
                        X