X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dirtyblackhd

New from AR/LA

Sup?
    Abnormal for me to make an intro thread, but since this seems to be a smaller, more personal place...why not?
    Dec. current events finally made me commit to building a rifle. Originally, I had been wanting an AR10 for a few years but wasn't willing to dump that much money. Money ,ballistics, and availability pushed me towards the Grendel... And i have no regrets. 556 certainly wasn't enough. I've been reading and reading here since Dec. now and only get more enthusiastic with the Grendel.

The 6.5G performance actually prompted a buddy of mine to build another upper as well.

Here's my junk:

Down and dirty:
    Anderson lower
    Grizzly upper
    PSA build kits
    ARP mid barrel/bolt
    PA multi reticle optic

So far i have about 60 rds of 123 amax through it and love it. Thanks to here, i'm stocking up to take the plunge into reloading. I'm knee deep in trying to figure what equipment and components to buy. I bought the Grendel book on here, and have the nosler(bullets i have) and lyman(google turned this up as good beginner guide to not kill myself) books in a shopping cart... The fun begins.

Welcome to the site.

Comment

• leopard6.5

dirtyblackhd: Welcome to the Horde!

Enjoy the addiction like the rest of us.

Lee

PS- you might want to put your state designation in your profile so it shows up when you post on the forum.

It let's other members know if they are in your area if you need help with anything.

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

The more you look at the Grendel the better it gets. Welcome to the Horde.

Comment

Welcome. You will like it here.

Comment

Welcome. Sounds like you're off to a great start. Any plans for a magnified optic on it?

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Welcome to the gang-nice job on the setup, I like the same-keep it simple.

Comment

• dirtyblackhd

Thanks for the welcome guys. Eventually, i would like the 4-14 from PA on this upper, and put the red dot on a 556 upper to try out 3gun... But it's low on the priority list right now, unfortunately.

Comment

Welcome to the site! Hunter, paper puncher, or both? Have fun and keep us informed about your 3-gun comp. Like to here it.

Comment

• dirtyblackhd

Thanks man. Hunting, home defense, and skill building/retention for those m4/m16 carrying days. Not much paper punching.

Besides reloading supplies, i'm looking for a cheaper 16-18" light contour rifle gas 556 barrel for aformentioned 3gun. Also fighting the urge for a LR308 platform before uncle joe, crazy aunt diane, or king barry overstep their lane enough to screw us.

Comment

Working...
                      X