Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coyoteslayer88

New From Texas

Been reading up on the Grendel latly, i got dragged into this round cuz of all the great reviews and it looks like i will be trading my rra ar15 for a built grendel with a 16 satern barrel. My question is what kind of range and accuracy can i expect from the grendel? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Welcome Aboard. I don't own a satern barrel, but if you search satern you'll see great reviews.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Howdy!

Satern is a well known high quality barrel manufacturer. Assuming all else on the rifle is in good shape it should be a shooter.

Range & accuracy is too subjective and dependent on too many variables. What do you want to do with it?
      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Welcome. The 16" Grendel with a barrel like yours is going to be fun I think. David Fortier, a popular gunwriter, has at least 3 different Grendels of varying barrel lengths from 20", 16", down to 12.5". He likes shooting the 16" and 12.5" the most, to flatten his LaRue targets from 600-800yds.

The 6.5mm projectiles retain a lot of energy as the distance increases, compared to other bullets of similar weight in other calibers. I would suggest getting the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook as well if you plan to hand-load for this cartridge: http://ar15buildbox.com/Home_Page.html

Comment

• Coyoteslayer88

Thanks for the welcoming , I plan on it being my go to coyote and hog gun, I love my .223 but want to reach out there 500-600 and touch em

Comment

• leopard6.5

Welcome to the Horde!

Enjoy the addiction like the rest of us.

Lee

PS- you might want to put your state designation in your profile so it shows up when you post on the forum.

It let's other members know if they are in your area if you need help with anything.

Comment

Welcome to the horde!

Comment

My First Grendel

Be awhile I'm sure before it gets here...ordered 20 inch from JT... Spent a little extra. Should be sweet. Been drooling over this piece for over a year. Started with .556. It's been fun setting up my reloading. Now onward to get ready for my grendel. Ordered brass and ammo from AA. Don't know when that'll ship. Ordered 4 mags from two different sources.... Bullets from elsewhere. Shopping for a scope. Looking at Viper Votex 6-24x50. Any thoughts?

tex52

Comment

• Coyoteslayer88

Thanks for the welcome guys, I don't even have the gun yet and I'm addicted to the round ! I will keep yal posted when i get it !

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard guys!
                    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

I think you'll be very happy going to the Grendel, especially for your hunting needs. Welcome to the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                      X