Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From lurker to poster

Greetings Horde!
    I have been lurking and learning here on the board for a couple of years. I put together a Grendel on a Sabre Defense upper and Rainier Arms lower a couple of years ago. I was using factory ammon until I recently put some good glass on it and started working up my own loads, with the help of starter information here. Just wanted to say thanks for the help. Let's see if it works to attach a photo here.
    Grendel photo.jpg
    From the Great Northwet (though it's been pretty dry for a while now)
    K2
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome!

Yes it has been dry, and those of us on the east side have been paying a price! We've had smoke for nearly 2 months between the Cle Elum and Wenatchee fires, as well as those around Yakima.

Comment

Yeah, we have a strike team out working the fire near Shelton right now.
      K2

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Howdy!
        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

welcome!nice looking build.

Comment

Nice looking rifle, it's the quiet lurkers you have to watch out for, welcome to the Horde.

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

K2, welcome. Nice looking rifle , which paint coating did you use?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Hey, K2K, welcome! Good lookin' gun.

John
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

I like the way it came out. It's Durakote.
                  K2

Comment

• gunrestorer

Yes it does look good I need to get some and give it a try. I refinish rifle and shotgun wood everyday, I think I should be able to do that too. Did you do it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by gunrestorer View Post
                      Yes it does look good I need to get some and give it a try. I refinish rifle and shotgun wood everyday, I think I should be able to do that too. Did you do it yourself?
                      No, one of my coworkers did it after he scratched the original finish. I think I came out on the winning side of that issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X