Hello from Texas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Texas.

New guy here. I have been on a few AR forums, but thought I would try this since it is what I am currently working towards.

Welcome aboard! Great bunch of people here, and the 6.5 Grendel is an awesome round for the AR platform.

Sean

Comment

Welcome. What are you looking to use your new project for?

Comment

I really don't have any game applications in mind. I leave that up to the Rem. 700. Most of the shooting I do is on the weekend with the guys. Occasionally we do a little varmint or hog hunting, but that is about the extent of it. Honestly the main reason I am wanting to start the new build is for reasons my wife will not understand(ego). I originally decided to go to the AR-10, but I have leaned more towards the 6.5. I want to stick to the platform I am already familiar with and save a little on weight.

I have built an AR before(with a lot of help), however I am new to some of this. I have a picture in my head of what I want the gun to look like. Most of what I have found has been from Alexander Arms. I am set on the side charging upper, and I "think" I want a 24" in barrel. My problem is I don't know enough about which manufacturer is better as far as quality and price. Despite all of the research I have done I still do not have a good enough grasp on ballistics, and how different barrel lengths can affect them. When it comes to cosmetics I have that covered, but my main focus is quality. I want to have a top shelf rifle that will far surpass my marksmanship.

As I previously stated I am new, so I am open to any advice, opinions, tips or otherwise. I said I had been trolling the Alexander Arms selection, but I am not set on that. I just figured what better place to go than the source. If anyone has any other credible options I would love to hear them.

Thank you for the responses, and I hope to get acquainted with y'all in the future.

-Kyle

Comment

Welcome aboard, fellow Texan! What part of our great "state of mind" do you call home? You're in the right place to plumb for information, both the 'search' function and membership a deep well of information.
          Last edited by Guest; 09-16-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Howdy Neighbor.

Comment

I am up here about an hour North of Ft. Worth. I spend a lot of time in south Texas though. Have to be in Victoria once a month. Nice to see some neighbors on here, because the other forums I have been on seem to be filled with a lot of people north of the Red.

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Hey, Kyle, great to have ya!

John
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                  X