Hello from Ft. Hood, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Ft. Hood, Texas

Hello from Ft. Hood Texas. Just finished a .300blk and was looking for something new. Something accurate and long range capable.
    Just ordered a bunch of 6.5 ammo and reloading dies, since the price was right. Plan on building a 20" free float AR in 6.5. Have built many AR's over the years. I have a lot of info posted on the 300blk forum. After weighing the attributes between the 6.8 and 6.5, looks like the 6.5 is the better deal.

6.5 is way better than the 6.8. I like it finally, but it was a long road for me to get there.

Comment

welcome! definitely 6.5. good choice

Comment

• RangerRick

Welcome! Yes, for long range particularly 6.5 is the way to go.

RR

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Welcome. After waiting for several years, and studying the different cartridges, I knew that 6.5mm was the way to go for me, even with my early exposure to 6.8 before it became openly known to the industry, and several friends who became advocates of the 6.8 early on.

When I compared all the ballistics, especially from 16" barrels, I saw that the Grendel is at the same velocity by 100yds as comparable 6.8 loads, and starts to retain more energy from then on out, plus I have a .260 Rem and a .270 Winchester, and I buy tons of 6.5mm bullets, while the .270 collects dust along with its dies and bullets.

The Grendel is probably the most versatile cartridge that fits in the AR15 receiver set.

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Howdy!
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Jager, great to have ya!

John
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Not that there is any bias here but the Grendel is the better(best AR) cartridge. Welcome to the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                    X