First Post, New Member from Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Post, New Member from Utah

I shot my new 264lbc last week, shooting 123 factory Amax, I was impressed, 2500fps from an 18 inch barrel and small groups.

This place looks to have a very healthy reloading section, and is always looking for a good powder/bullet combo's.

I'll shoot a couple hundred Hornady factory loads then start to reload. Rining steel is rifles Primary focus, currently I have a fixed 8x on there, and a Vortex will take it's place in the near future, or maybe a SWFA scope if the 10k Facebook likes hits it's mark, then I'll order the 5x20(no idea what the wait times will be).

I'm sure I'll try some of the Barnes offerings, although I think the 123 Amax will smoke a muely.

I need to score some Wolf ammo, and see how it runs for me.

Lots to start reading here!!!
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome!

Comment

welcome to the horde!

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Howdy!
        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Welcome, Brag, good to have you!

John
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Welcome. What part of Utah are you in? I'm in the Salt Lake Valley area, closer to Draper. I shoot a lot, and have steel as well, thanks to one of the forum members.

Comment

Welcome to the forums, Brag!

Comment

• Longshot_34

Howdy!

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    Welcome. What part of Utah are you in? I'm in the Salt Lake Valley area, closer to Draper. I shoot a lot, and have steel as well, thanks to one of the forum members.
                    I live in Murray, once I get a good scope for my G, I'll bang some steel at the range up I-80 and east Canyon. I do lots of shooting Near Delle, someday's I'll pack a rifle while out on the motorcycle, getting up on the lake line and shooting to the desert floor is a blast. I've never trashed a rifle riding, but a HD Camera 5 years ago bit the dust, FnN tear jerker! (put a hurt on my pocket book)

Before I start reloading(long time reloader for the action sports), I'm going to collect some brass from buying ammo from Precision Firearms, I have my eye on the 108 Scenars, and then maybe some 123's. I have a couple hundred Factory Amax's left, I think that brass will get loaded into hunting ammo(I always loose them), they will be for Deer, I just need to pick the 120 BT or 120TTSX(maybe a 100 TTSX). Deer near Filmore are decent size, but the Deer in Colorado tend to be larger so I'm leaning TTSX.

Lots more research to dig into this site first, I haven't even bought dies yet. I have a Variant(ARP/264), so I need to find the best dies, but I don't think I'll need a SB from RCBS just yet, and I like Redding dies. I think it has a .267 neck, Factory Amax is giving me no trouble at all. The 130 Scirroco has me interested, but my 18 in tube might be on the short side for that bullet.

I'm still slow to get around, I had a bad landing at the point while paragliding a couple years ago( I didn't walk away from that landing), it's nice to get out and about and get more shooting time(I've been slacking). I think I'll try a powered Trike next.

Gravity Will bite you, lol.
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2012, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Hello there! I would like to welcome you to the forum though I am new here as well. It really is nice when you get your first shot and you just want more after it. Though things are not to be taken lightly with it as you are to go with something that will probably be very dangerous and challenging most especially when you are just starting out.

Comment

Working...
                      X