Hello from the Florida panhandle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the Florida panhandle

I’m new to the 6.5 Grendel but old to shooting in general.
    Spent my youth as a military dependent and then 20 years in the Air Force, I retired in 1993 so here in a while I’ll have been retired as long as I was active.
    Live out in the county so I can shoot out my door but with all the woods I am very limited on distance.
    I’ve shot pistol and 3 gun matches for years but am moving more to skeet and clays, getting too tired and fat to play run and gun and try to look good doing it.
    The Grendel is kind of so my son would have something to hunt with, the local deer are small so it should be more than enough for his needs. I’d sold my last Remington 700 about the time he was born so all he’s shot in rifles has been an AR.
    I’ve got .223 AR15s, 1911s, Glocks, Remington 1100s, an old SKB 20 ga I’m very fond of, and a Saiga 20 ga but that’s a whole other issue.
    This is my first AR build of any kind, I’ve done 1911s before and some other mods and repairs to guns in general so I’m not at a total loss of what happens how. I’m also very lucky that a friend of mine has all the needed tools to use.
    Looking forward to reading some great information here and have already had some friendly and greatly appreciated offers of help.
    Should add I’ve lived and/or been stationed all over with my time as a dependent and active. Kind of from Texas but I’ve been gone from there for 39 years.
    Phil
    Last edited by Guest; 05-04-2012, 05:50 PM.
  • Buster
    Warrior
    • Mar 2012

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

welcome to the horde!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Hey, Phil, welcome!

John
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Howdy!
            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

We spent nine years there too! Left for Kaliformia in '84 -- would rather be in Florida!

Comment

Working...
              X