Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNAKEDOCTOR1911

Ohioan by birth; Mountaineer by choice!

IMAG0320.jpgI've built a couple ak's, customized 1911's, reworked and refinished some milsurp boltguns, but never built an AR. I bought one in 5.56 from a friend to learn about the cool black rifle and love the platform. Wanting to create a precision shooter for anything from whistlepigs to coyote or even whitetail, i went looking for a worthy cartridge. So here i am with my new build. Right now i have just the basics. Stock, freefloat, standard lower parts, but i will be adding precision components as time and money allow. Thanks to everyone contributing info here for past and future help.

Welcome. Is that a picture of a 5.56 AR? That is a long barrel for sure. What barrel length are you looking at for the Grendel? I think an 18" or 20" would serve you well.

Comment

Lots of good info to be had here. Welcome to the Horde.

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Howdy!
            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

welcome to the horde!

Comment

• MrSurgicalPrecision

Welcome aboard. I'm a West Virginia transplant myself, originally from Missouri.

Comment

Welcome! My grendel was built for the exact same purpose. No blood on her yet but she's still young!

Comment

Welcome lots of good info here!

Comment

Working...
                    X