• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JustDave
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2023

Howdy, All

The 6.5 Grendel has appealed to me for several years. Last September I decided to gather parts and assemble a Grendel for hunting season. That decision has led to months of aggravation and disappointment with the manufacturing industry. I am here to glean information specific to the Grendel and help if I can. I live in the boondocks about an hour from Amarillo, I've been reloading for 20+ years, I compete in local/regional 3-gun competitions and precision rifle competitions (where I thoroughly enjoy humbling guys half my age.) I'm spread thin and wear several hats, I am 25 years married, Dad, Grandpa, Electrician, Assistant Fire Chief, Sunday School Teacher, Drummer, Gardener, Hunter, Hunting guide for Purple Heart Veterans, and a few other little things. Thank you all for a place to come together and share ideas and information.
    You don't know what you don't know
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

Welcome to the horde JustDave! There's tons to learn here if you put in the time to read as much as you can. Your insights will add to the knowledge base. Please do help where you can.
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• JASmith
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by JustDave View Post
      The 6.5 Grendel has appealed to me for several years. Last September I decided to gather parts and assemble a Grendel for hunting season. That decision has led to months of aggravation and disappointment with the manufacturing industry....
      I can relate to one's time being oversubscribed but cannot compete with yours -- you're doing well!

We hope that you have overcome the challenges presented by the manufacturing industry.

There are many well-qualified folks participating in this forum who can offer excellent advice, particularly in the technical arena.

Can you share some specifics about the remaining challenges, perhaps in a new thread?
      shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
      -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum JustDave!

Comment

• sundowner
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2013

Welcome JustDave! You must be a kindred spirit. For years, a good friend's husband always called me Just Brian. His wife was my research partner on several projects. He meant is as demeaning. I thought it was great. I would call their house and identify myself as Just Brian.
            Kill a hog. Save the planet.
            My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, justDave, from just_john, another loyal Texian but with a 25 yr ( or more ? ) head start on you. We have all faced many of the aggrevations that you describe. The Grendel is worth the wait, especially if you need to supply a boom stick to a disabled vet ( or non-vet ). The Grendel can be tweaked to almost void of recoil, I put one together for anephew that fell from a tree stand and severed his spinal cord just below the rob cage - it could be held out at arms length and fired. It is also great for beginning, young shooters who may be recoil sensitive.
              Tell us about your goals and we can help you gather what you need. The supply chain has significantly improved over the past few months. I've assembled some 2 dozen or so Grendels and part of what I've found is that average parts with good assembly practices works better than great parts poorly assembled, bottom dollar parts shooting sub MOA.
              So, ask away, and contribute what you can.

Comment

Working...
              X