• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • giff
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2022

Greetings from the Pan Handle of Florida. New to the forum

I have two BCA Grendel platforms, one 16" and the other 20". Both are right side charging handles and I love them.

What is your go to bullet weight most of you guys use? Any thoughts on where to get brass and what are your thoughts on using 7.62x39 brass?
    Last edited by giff; 01-28-2022, 12:47 AM. Reason: refine posting
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, gf, from the great nation of Texas! Some ( many ? ) of us have done the 7.62 thing. It is a great standby source. It does appear that ready-made's and real brass are coming back to store shelves near you ( and the rest of us ). Just in the last week or so, the Cabela's in Allen, TX had several dozen boxes. Yes, they are not back to the same price point they once were but progressing in that direction. Most of my Grendels have done quite well with 123 gr Hornady's.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Last edited by VASCAR2; 01-28-2022, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• giff
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2022

Thanks for the welcome to the Forum, and thanks for the advice on brass. Will keep looking online and in our local shops in town. Will keep an eye out for 123 grain bullets. Presently I have a bunch of 140 grain JHP bullets I was able to get off of GunBroker.com

Comment

• giff
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2022

Do you Anneal your brass? Thanks for the information on sources and brands of brass - well noted.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Comment

• sundowner
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

• NDSwede
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2022

Welcome to the group. I've been a member for about a week and really enjoy it. The search function works great to answer any question you may have.

Comment

• giff
                  Unwashed
                  • Jan 2022

Thanks for the information, it helps I've been geting split necks on my Starline brass after one loading. Maybe I am loading too hot. Using RCBS dies.

Comment

Working...
                  X