New member from NM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from NM

Just wanted to say hello, I have been reading on the forum and decided to join. I just sold and AA 16" as I am a dealer and am looking at getting a new rifle. LAR grizzly just came out with a 22" barrel with some nice equipment on it. Mogul MIAD grip, PRS stock and side charging handle. I have been looking at trying one out. Does anyone have any experience wit L.A.R?
    kC

Sorry no help with L.A.R. but welcome to the board/

Comment

• RangerRick

Welcome! Is that in Grendel or 5.56?

RR

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Hey, K25, good to have ya!

John
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I didn't know they made any Grendels either.

Welcome aboard!
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Welcome to the forum. If you are in Eastern New Mexico, you might consider coming to shoot with us. www.westtexasmarksmen.com . The website is brand new, unfinished, but we will be building more in it the next few weeks. Anyway, we held a precision rifle match yesterday, there will be a tactical rifle match next month, & eventually some 3 gun & a team competition match. Come see us!

Mark Miller

Comment

Welcome Kenzo.
              Where do you do your shooting?

Comment

Welcome. LAR is a great company actually. They make 85% of the receivers for the major AR15 companies. Their Grendels are nice rifles-saw them at SHOT in January. They also make side-charger uppers.

Comment

thanks for the welcome... I tried to post but i think i did something wrong so if you see two sorry for the clutter...The LAR Grizzly that i am talking about is in the Grendel. Saw them at shot show. they felt really nice. i will post the specs from a sheet i got. Well again thanks.

Grizzly OPS-6.5 LR
                  [Specifications]
                  Caliber: 6.5 Grendel
                  Upper Receiver: OPS-4 Side Charged forged 7075-T6 Alum. Flat Top Upper (PN:OPS4-UA-F)
                  Barrel: 22” Bull Stainless Steel, 1:8.5, 1/2-28, 11 Degree Crown
                  Handguard: LAR Custom H-Tac Front Quad Rail
                  Gas Block: LAR Aluminum Low Profile Gas block (PN:104-11-C)
                  Muzzle: LAR Custom 5 Port Muzzle Break and Compensator
                  Buttstock: Magpul PRS Stock
                  Lower Receiver: Mil. Spec. Forged 7075-T6 Alum. LAR Grizzly Lower Receiver
                  Trigger: Standard Trigger or 2 Stage Match Trigger Group (addtl. cost)
                  Pistol Grip: Magpul MIAD
                  BCG: Bolt carrier and gas key are full chrome. Standard Mil. Spec. bolt head,
                  firing pin, cam pin, etc. Hard Anodized Alum. Charging Handle

Comment

@mlmiller1

I am actually from Northern NM, but i would love to shot sometime when i get up that way.....THANKS.

Comment

• Variable
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Kenzo25 View Post
                      thanks for the welcome... I tried to post but i think i did something wrong so if you see two sorry for the clutter...The LAR Grizzly that i am talking about is in the Grendel. Saw them at shot show. they felt really nice. i will post the specs from a sheet i got. Well again thanks.

Grizzly OPS-6.5 LR
                      [Specifications]
                      Caliber: 6.5 Grendel
                      Upper Receiver: OPS-4 Side Charged forged 7075-T6 Alum. Flat Top Upper (PN:OPS4-UA-F)
                      Barrel: 22” Bull Stainless Steel, 1:8.5, 1/2-28, 11 Degree Crown
                      Handguard: LAR Custom H-Tac Front Quad Rail
                      Gas Block: LAR Aluminum Low Profile Gas block (PN:104-11-C)
                      Muzzle: LAR Custom 5 Port Muzzle Break and Compensator
                      Buttstock: Magpul PRS Stock
                      Lower Receiver: Mil. Spec. Forged 7075-T6 Alum. LAR Grizzly Lower Receiver
                      Trigger: Standard Trigger or 2 Stage Match Trigger Group (addtl. cost)
                      Pistol Grip: Magpul MIAD
                      BCG: Bolt carrier and gas key are full chrome. Standard Mil. Spec. bolt head,
                      firing pin, cam pin, etc. Hard Anodized Alum. Charging Handle
                      Their specs sound a little off. I bet they inadvertently gave 5.56 information. Example: barrel threaded 1/2x28..... I sure wouldn't do that! I also wonder about the aluminum gas block and a "Mil. Spec." Bolt head... I sure wish there was a military spec for a Grendel bolt.LOL That'd mean they had adopted it!
                      Last edited by Variable; 02-28-2012, 04:05 AM.
                      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Isabella8688

What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!

Comment

• leopard6.5

Welcome to the Horde Isabella.

If you start your own thread, you can tell us about yourself and hopefully tell us about your rifle( pictures would be great also).

Enjoy the forum.

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Kenzo25 View Post
                            @mlmiller1

I am actually from Northern NM, but i would love to shot sometime when i get up that way.....THANKS.
                            Youre always welcome, come on down. Next match, april 21, precision rifle.

Comment

Working...
                            X