• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eye_guy
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2020

Excited future Grendel owner

My daughter started hunting deer this year. She took two deer with a .223 with a total of two well placed shots. The gun is a target heavy barreled rifle that is really much too heavy for her to be lugging around and with the .223 our max range on a deer is less than ideal given where we hunt we are taking most of our shots in the 250-350 yard range.

I had about half of an AR in parts laying around collecting dust. Decided to make it a Grendel as a fun gun for me and a hunting rifle for my daughter. The last part I need will arrive this week.

Will be working up some plinking and hunting loads and then hitting the range to see how it shoots! The information on the forum ive read has been invaluable. Looking forward to being part of the community.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Eye_guy! Sounds like the 6.5 Grendel will serve you well. Pictures and range reports are always welcome.

Comment

• defiant-1
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2020

Welcome!

Regards,
      D1

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, EG, from the great nation of Texas! Tell us what part of the world you're in. The Grendel is an ideal choice for new and / or junior shooters. Giives 'em a lot of confidence as it is so easy for 'em to shoot.

Comment

• Eye_guy
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2020

Comment

• sundowner
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2017

Welcome to the horde from Wisconsin .

Comment

• peak98
              Warrior
              • Dec 2019

Welcome to the Horde from just down da bayou.
              peak98

Comment

Working...
              X