• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ahoward2k
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2020

Drew from Texas

Hey everyone I'm from north Texas and just bought my first 6.5 grendel. I got the 18"from PSA. Looking forward to learning what I can from everyone, especially when i start to reload.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, A2K, from another loyal Texian! What do you call north Texas? I'm in central Collin county and am surrounded by a vast group of other Grendelizers! Tell us about your goals and your toys. A pix along the way is helpful.

Comment

• Ahoward2k
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2020

Im in Justin so not far from you at all.
        I sold my ar and ar10 few years ago and have just gotten back to where I can get more. I decided getting back into the game I wanted to standardize on one caliber and one magazine pattern for my ARs for the sake of simplicity. Looking around, Grendel seems to offer the best balance of what I find important. I haven't shot rifles much at all in 5 years or so, so I'm trying to get back in practice.

Comment

• just_john
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2012

It's hard to stay simplistic. I went thru that a few years ago, picked a couple of rifle chamberings and a couple of pistol chamberings and got rid of most everything else. Worked real well for about 4 months. Then I stumbled onto a "too good to pass up" deal and there went the logistics. Oh, well! Seemed like a good idea at the time. MSR's are too much like hot rods from my old days. First you just want a bigger carburator ( for those of you who don't know what a carb is, PM me and I'll explain ) then it was dual exhausts and then it was a hot cam and .... It's just too easy and too addictive. And you don't get greasy while working on 'em!
          And you're just down the street from Fossil Point!

Comment

• Ahoward2k
            Unwashed
            • Apr 2020

I was actually out there yesterday at 100. Im out of practice with rifles so I'm not ready to head out to the big boy range yet. Gotta get a few other things to make life easier like a decent spotting scope

Comment

• CJW
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2019

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Ahoward2k!

Comment

Working...
                X