• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boggyman
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2019

Howdy from another Texican

I stumbled upon this site while researching the 6.5 and liked the wealth of information here. My plans have changed multiple times as throughout the research. Originally the plan was to build an 18"-20" upper to capture a good deal of the potential velocity, but have since realized the places I hunt in East Texas do not offer any shots over 300 yards. Now I am on the trail of a quality 12.5" upper. This barrel length, I think, should still provide adequate velocity and energy out to 250 yards providing proper bullet/load selection. This project has definitely evolved since it first piqued interest, and may have another iteration, or two, before it comes to fruition, but I very much look forward to hearing your opinions on the matter.
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, B, from another native Texian! Remember, there is another solution. Don't have to build just one. Where in E. TX do you hunt? I shot my first deer between Palestine and Rusk and most of the rest of 'em near Groesbeck.

Comment

• Boggyman
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2019

Totally agree, I'm sure there will be multiples built!
      I hunt along the Angilena river outside of Laneville, a little ENE of your first deer.

Comment

• Grenshooter
        Unwashed
        • Jul 2019

Hi Boggyman, I purchased one of the 12.5” barrels from BluntforceTrama and have been very happy with my pistol build with it. It was a group buy on the site under monster barrels.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Boggyman!

Comment

• Popeye212