• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SCJim
    Warrior
    • Apr 2019

New Grendel arriving today

Hi all. Just call me Jim, I am a avid target shooter and compete in both mid and long range FClass. My gas gun experience is limited however. I have a couple of AR's in .223 but are were only used for plinking. I became interested in a building a accurate gas gun last year when all the hoopla about the Valkyrie was being tossed around but decided to hold off till that cartridge was fully tested. The other day I decided to take a look at my various options and quickly decided the Grendel was the cartridge of choice. Rather than build from scratch I opted for a 20 inch upper from Sanders Armory. Kudos to Sanders BTW, I ordered Monday, it was mailed Tuesday and arrives today. I shoot .260 Rem in competition so I have a variety of 6.5 bullets on hand but will probably concentrate my load development on the 123 SMK and 123 Nosler CC. For the next couple of months I will be limited to 100 yard shooting while my normal range gets new berms and target systems but by August should have access to 300, 600, and 800 yards again. Anyway looking froward to seeing exactly what the little Grendel will do and will be posting my load development sessions in the reloading forum and am looking froward to meeting you all
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, SCJim, from the great nation of Texas! Off to a good start. What part of the world are you in?

Comment

• SCJim
      Warrior
      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by just_john View Post
      Welcome to the clan, SCJim, from the great nation of Texas! Off to a good start. What part of the world are you in?
      Currently Charleston SC but we plan on moving to Knoxville Tn next year

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum SCJim!

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

Welcome from the Republic of Texas

Comment