• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chipj4
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2018

Howdy Y'all

I am not exactly new as I have been lurking for some time. I guess it's time to jump in and be social or contribute if I can. I have both an AR and Howa mini in 6.5 (just got it). I have been reloading for the AR and will be for the mini soon so can start sharing my experiences thus far. I am not an expert shooter or re-loader by any stretch but hopefully I'll still be able to provide some value. Thanks for all the info you all have shared about yours.

And yes, range reports and pics coming soon.
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, Chipj4, from the great nation of Texas! Where in the world are you and what are your goals?

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Chipj4!

Comment

• Texas
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum chipj4. Have had some fun with the Howa, but still prefer tge AR15 package.

Comment

• Chipj4
          Bloodstained
          • Apr 2018

Thanks for the welcome all.

just_john, I am in the Austin Area. Goals with the Grendel are primarily trying to make the smallest group of holes I can at 100+ yards. I would really like to get into shooting steel at longer distances and see how far I can accurately take the cartridge. Since they have shut down the rifle ranges Best of the West there is no where near by that has anything longer than 200 yards (Eagle Peak). BOTW had ranges out to 1000 yards. I would also like to get my feet wet in competing but I probably have some more learning to do so I don't embarrass myself. I think have read somewhere that the Grendel can hang in F Class comps so that seems like it would be fun to try.

Texas, I love my Grendel AR. It's my favorite rifle in the stable. I am still breaking in the Howa, I figured I would try and find out for myself if there is anything to following Howa's break in procedure. It's got its work cut out for it to bump down my AR.

Comment

Working...
          X