Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longshuuter

Howdy from Western Colorado

I have been researching the 6.5 Grendel and this looks like the best place to learn about it.

I want to thank everyone for their contribution of information and the creation of this awesome forum. I have learned a lot from everyone here and hope to keep learning.

I am looking forward to getting an upper or 2 for hunting. My intended use is to have an Rancher's All-Purpose Tacticool Open Range (RAPTOR) Carbine. I just came up with that acronym and hope it isn't trademarked. I was hoping to have something semi-auto that is light, handy and accurate that complies with Colorado minimum legal big game calibers. I want something with better internal ballistics than 5.56 and is suitable for low-light applications against coyotes on my land. It may be used for short to intermediate range on target of opportunity game species (point-blank to 300 yards). A 6.5 Grendel chambered 16 or 18" fluted barrel, a free floated railed forearm and collapsible stock seem like a good start. I will probably mount one of my Millet DMS-1 (1-4x ill reticle) scopes with a Larue or ADM mount. I anticipate suppressing it in the future with a SAS or thunderbeast suppressor.

I will also be getting another upper for long range work. I will be going on an out-of-state hog hunt in April and hope to have one of these ready to go by then.

Regards,
    longshuuter

Your right this is the place to be when it comes to the Grendel. Good luck on your build. Welcome to the Horde.

Comment

Welcome. Sounds like a good plan so far. You might consider some more reliable geared-optics, but everything else sounds like a plan. I know the guys at TBAC-great dudes with lots of experience.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Welcome, LS! Sounds like you've thought it through and 65G is perfect for your application.

John
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• RangerRick

Welcome!

RR

Comment

Working...
          X