Clear All
  • Karys
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2018

Hello from SE PA

• Gusmeister
    Warrior
    • May 2017

Welcome Karys. I am in central PA. I hear SC is a paradise for hunters. You'll love the Grendel.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• Texas
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Karys. My AR10 has been in the safe for over 2 years. You may find yourself thinking about a Grendel pistol l

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Karys, range reports and pictures are always welcome!

Comment

• bj139
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Texas View Post
            Welcome to the forum Karys. My AR10 has been in the safe for over 2 years. You may find yourself thinking about a Grendel pistol l
            Is transporting a pistol to another state a wise idea? Welcome Karys. SE PA here also.

Comment

• Karys
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2018

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
              Is transporting a pistol to another state a wise idea? Welcome Karys. SE PA here also.
              It’s no more problem than transporting a rifle. I’ve taken a pistol with me for every trip to SC for the last four years now. My pistol gets locked in a case with my rifles and the empty mags and/or speedloaders get locked in a separate case with the ammo. All guns are unloaded, of course.

Once my Grendel is together, my next project will be a suppressor for my .300 BLK. It may be more problematic crossing state lines with a suppressor, but I need to look into that.
              Last edited by Karys; 12-21-2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• bj139
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2017

Don't you need a permit to carry in the other state?

Comment

• Karys
                  Unwashed
                  • Nov 2018

Don't you need a permit to carry in the other state?
                  No. It’s legal to transport a handgun across state lines as long as you are allowed to possess and use the gun at your destination. The gun has to be locked up as I said in post #7. I am using my handguns for hunting in SC. I am hunting on private property and do not carry concealed in SC since PA does not have a reciprocity agreement. I certainly do not carry concealed through MD, DC or VA. PA has a reciprocity agreement with NC, but I don’t stop, load up and carry when I cross the border. Too much of a PITA. I’d have to stop again right before entering SC and lock everything up again.

You don’t need to have a carry permit to transport pistols across state lines.
                  Last edited by Karys; 12-21-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Gusmeister
                    Warrior
                    • May 2017

Though we all know it.... stay out of NJ with anything more threatening than an pencil eraser.

ohhhh... and you do not need a "permission slip" to take your suppressor out of PA as long as you bring it back to PA. You would for an SBR for example. You still can't be destined for a state that does not permit them but you can legally pass through (except for a few North East states where there is no law).
                    Last edited by Gusmeister; 12-21-2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• bj139
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Karys View Post
                      No. It’s legal to transport a handgun across state lines as long as you are allowed to possess and use the gun at your destination. The gun has to be locked up as I said in post #7. I am using my handguns for hunting in SC. I am hunting on private property and do not carry concealed in SC since PA does not have a reciprocity agreement. I certainly do not carry concealed through MD, DC or VA. PA has a reciprocity agreement with NC, but I don’t stop, load up and carry when I cross the border. Too much of a PITA. I’d have to stop again right before entering SC and lock everything up again.

You don’t need to have a carry permit to transport pistols across state lines.
                      You need a permit to hunt with a handgun in PA. Don't you need the same in SC?

Comment

• Karys
                        Unwashed
                        • Nov 2018

You need a permit to hunt with a handgun in PA. Don't you need the same in SC?

Comment

• bj139
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2017

I did a search and found this. It seems unconstitutional but who knows. I got a concealed carry permit to eliminate this hassle.

Comment

• Texas
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2016

Is transporting a pistol to another state a wise idea?
                            I live in Texas, and have had no problems transporting my Grendel Pistol. I have traveled extensively in the US and check the particular states regs before I go. I travel with a 1911 when I fly, depending on the destinations rules. In checked baggage of course.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                              Super Moderator
                              • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.

I went through 5 different AR10, LR-308s, and LR-260s as well. Receivers are like bricks.
                              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                              X