• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jinkx
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2018

Reporting for duty, from St. Louis, MO

Greetings all!!

Hunting, reloading, and all things dangerous/fun are my hobbies.

Been reloading for 4 years now, taught by a 3rd generation reloader friend. Would have got into reloading sooner but had issues justifying start up costs and spare time availability

IT Professional by day to pay for it all

Loving husband to a wife and 2 kids.

In process of a 6.5 Grendel build 18" for hunting. I'm left handed and didn't want to get a left handed bolt gun, although I can run a RH bolt gun just fine.

Been deer hunting with a frickin 9lb SKS with iron sights for almost 20 years... interesting data point, never had a deer hit with 7.62x39 and live to tell his/her friends

I'm not getting any younger and my eyes just aren't as good as they used to be.... and figured it was time for a change/get with the times when I starting learning about the grendel round a few years back... as well as an interesting challenge and fun project.

Goals:
    Weight (7lbs with Optic)
    Sub MOA handloads
    Great trigger
    Mobility (can't have a 42" barrel, Missouri forests are dense and sometimes hilly)
    Expected engagement ranges < 150 yards
    Rare engagement range perhaps up to 300 yards, beyond that your eyes are better than mine at spotting deer
    Wild hogs are a concern/threat

I'm almost done with the lower (just need to swap out to the Maritime bolt catch)

I am on track for 7.1 oz build for ~ $1700 taking into account black friday sales

Will post my build list in the proper room. CAN HARDLY WAIT TO GET THIS ALL TOGETHER!!!!!
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Jinkx!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• drewsbow
        Warrior
        • Nov 2018

Welcome

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Jinkx. You will really like the difference in deer rifles.

Comment

• IescapedCali
            Warrior
            • Sep 2017

Welcome, from Nevada. For the sake of proper terminology, we’ll call that one your “first Grendel”. It’s addictive. There’ll be others!

Comment

Working...
            X