• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Macerate
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2018

Howdy from a misplaced Texan

Hi yall, I'm new to the forums here and am looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say.

I'm from Southeast Texas and unfortunately living in Oregon right now. Wife drug me up here cause this is where she is from.

I started reading on the forum last week after I acquired a stripped lower. I just didn't know what I wanted to do with it. I already have some 5.56 ARs (16" and a 10.5"). I also own a .308 AR-10. So I got to debating with myself and decided to build a hunting AR for Texas white tails, axis and hogs. After hanging out on here I figured that I wanted to give the Grr a chance.

So yesterday I ordered a 20 inch PSA upper, lower parts kit with magpul ctr stock, Bushnell 4-12x40mm scope, burris p.e.p.r scope mount, a couple e-lander 10 round mags, a few boxes of 123 gr SST's and 500 rounds of wolf. Also have a Rise Armament Super Sporting trigger going into the gun. Now I'm playing the waiting game and I feel pretty excited about this.
    Last edited by Macerate; 11-16-2018, 09:25 AM. Reason: Trigger
  • CWOZ
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2018

Welcome from KY.
    I just jumped into the Grendel too. Really looking forward to seeing what the caliber can do.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Macerate! Pictures and range reports are always appreciated on this forum once you get your 6.5 Grendel together.

Comment

• Popeye212
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2018

Welcome we are looking forward to your return. Sorry for your misfortune. Anyway welcome to the horde

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Macerate from North Texas. It must really be difficult to be in Oregon! The Grendel is a great gun for Texas.

Comment

• Macerate
            Unwashed
            • Nov 2018

It's definitely different. The food is horribly bland. There is no good Tex Mex. No one has ever heard of Queso before. That is probably the worst part... no queso. Also, I had all my hunting buddies down in Texas, where up here most of the people in this part of the state would spit on you if you asked about hunting.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X