Fightlite Grendel

Fightlite SCR Lower
    BCA Side Charge Upper
    16" Faxon Match Big Gunner Barrel
    15" Aero Atlas S-One MLOK Handguard
    Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40mm
    Sig Sauer Medium Rings
    Cheek Riser from Matthews Fabrication
    Weighs in at a hair over 8.5lbs with the suppressor and 5 rounds in the mag.
    New to the Grendel and have been using my 300blk to hunt with. Decided it was too heavy to carry through the woods and I wanted something light and unique. Mission Accomplished.
    Picture1.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    Last edited by RedlegDiesel66; 11-13-2018, 03:01 PM.
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

Wow. That is nice. Another unusual turn in builds. I like it. CA legal?

Comment

• Frontier Gear
      Warrior
      • Nov 2017

How did you get the BCA side charging upper to work with the that lower? The Bolt Carrier on the Fightlite is proprietary. It is very short with a pivoting "rat tail" that goes down into the stock on recoil. The BCA also uses a proprietary bolt carrier that is drilled and tapped for the side charging handle. The two are not compatible. The only options that I could see on this is to cut and machine the BCA bolt carrier to accept the Fightlite "rat tail", or drill and tap the Fightlite bolt carrier to accept the BCA side charging handle. Either way, this is the first time that I have see that done. Good job. It looks great.
      Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• RedlegDiesel66
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2018

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
        Wow. That is nice. Another unusual turn in builds. I like it. CA legal?
        Thanks! Couldnt tell ya honestly, I dont live there so dont really care about their senseless laws lol. I picked it for the uniqueness and weight. The lower with the BCG is 46oz.

Comment

• RedlegDiesel66
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Frontier Gear View Post
          How did you get the BCA side charging upper to work with the that lower? The Bolt Carrier on the Fightlite is proprietary. It is very short with a pivoting "rat tail" that goes down into the stock on recoil. The BCA also uses a proprietary bolt carrier that is drilled and tapped for the side charging handle. The two are not compatible. The only options that I could see on this is to cut and machine the BCA bolt carrier to accept the Fightlite "rat tail", or drill and tap the Fightlite bolt carrier to accept the BCA side charging handle. Either way, this is the first time that I have see that done. Good job. It looks great.
          I had my LGS drill and tap the SCR BCG. It was pretty easy just gotta measure it a couple times to get the right spot. The intent is for it to be a straight pull bolt action so it would be legal to hunt with in PA. They do not allow you to hunt big game with semi-autos. It has a gas system intact and the adjustable gas block is shut off but it still cycles so I might go with a different gas block to accomplish that.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum RedlegDiesel66!

Comment

• bj139
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2017

Does PA allow hunting with suppressors? I could search but maybe you already have.
              I live in PA and have thought and posted about the semi-auto restriction a lot.
              I may take a pump action 6.5 Grendel MSR into the PA deer woods in a few weeks.

Comment

• RedlegDiesel66
                Unwashed
                • Nov 2018

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                Does PA allow hunting with suppressors? I could search but maybe you already have.
                I live in PA and have thought and posted about the semi-auto restriction a lot.
                I may take a pump action 6.5 Grendel MSR into the PA deer woods in a few weeks.
                Yes they do. Only a few states do not actually.

Comment

• Texas
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Redlegdiesel66. That is a really nice looking build!

Comment

• biodsl
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2011

Thoughtful build and nicely executed!
                    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• just_john
                      Chieftain
                      • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, redlegdiesel66, from the Great Nation of Texas!

Comment

• Glockpride
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2018

Wondering if removing the wrap and painting wouldn’t save an ounce or two? Also, removing sunshade from scope and/or different scope could probably save several ounces. No suppressor would probably save another 14-18 oz. We can get this bad boy lighter if desired.

But looking good and cool concept!

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

That is slick man.

Welcome aboard!
                          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• RedlegDiesel66
                            Unwashed
                            • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Glockpride View Post
                            Wondering if removing the wrap and painting wouldn’t save an ounce or two? Also, removing sunshade from scope and/or different scope could probably save several ounces. No suppressor would probably save another 14-18 oz. We can get this bad boy lighter if desired.

But looking good and cool concept!
                            Thanks! Yea there are areas where I could lighten it up. That scope actually weighs 12oz, I havent found anything lighter in a 3-9x. Sunshade is slightly unnecessary but I like it for aesthetics. the wrap doesnt weigh much at all and it also keeps it quiet by mitigating the metal on metal contact as well as makes it better to hold in the cold cause the metal just sucks the heat out of your hands, even with gloves on. I leave the suppressor off till i get up in the stand that way its just easier to maneuver through brush.

Comment

Working...
                            X