• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Dog
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2018

FNG Checking in

I'm just getting into the 6.5 world. I'll be putting an upper on an AR lower. I'll initially be swapping out depending on my given activity. After a veritable crap-ton of research on calibers that would afford me such an opportunity, I settled on 6.5G.

Since I'll take a big pay cut when I retire from the military, I'm working on a tight budget for this. I want to thank the Horde for steering me away (far, far away at that) from anything too cheap (like Bear Creek), I think I'm going to dip my toe in the water with an 18" PSA upper. Thoughts?
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Thank you for your service sir.

Check the classifieds here good deals on gear come up often on here.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Big Dog and thank you for your service! The PSA 6.5 Grendel get good reviews and if you decide to assemble an upper yourself you might consider the group buy barrels and bolts sold on this forum.

All local, state, and federal laws apply. In the rare event a transaction between private parties should go awry, forum management cannot be responsible in any way, nor can we mediate disputes. Please take full responsibility for your dealings here, or simply decline using this service.

Comment

• Big Dog
        Unwashed
        • Oct 2018

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum big dog, and thank you for your service. Price/performance, it is hard to beat the group barrel nd group bolt buys

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, Big Dog, from the Great Nation of Texas!

Comment

• IescapedCali
              Warrior
              • Sep 2017

Welcome from Nevada, Big Dog. Thank you for serving. I bought a side-charging BCA upper, which shot just fine, but swapped the barrel for a previous Group Buy Faxon 18”. I’m happy with it. Lots of roads lead to the destination you seek. Be warned, though-Grendel is an affliction which has only one treatment: more Grendels.

Comment

Working...
              X