• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wargrendeleagle
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

New from Mississippi

I've been posting for a few weeks now. Everyone has been super nice. I've absorbed alot of information so far. Even bought both additions of the Grendel Handbook. Love them! Funny thing is, I even bought chamber brushes and I haven't even got it dirty yet. Once I break in my newly built Grendel, I'll be reloading the brass. So, the books will be nice to have.

My grendel is a mix of parts I bought as I found stuff I thought we're good prices for good stuff. I didn't intend to spend what I did. But it happens! I need to take a better picture of it cause the only one I have of it assembled currently has a messy shop behind it. But the guts are a 20" Faxon match grade barrel, Toolcraft BCG and elftmann match series trigger. Vortex Diamondback tactical 4*16 scope.

Anyway, thanks for the help so far. Lots of great information here!
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Can't wait to see pictures and range report

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Wargrendeleagle!

Comment

• Popeye212
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2018

Welcome to the horde..." I didn't intend to spend what I did. But it happens!" Reminds me of a few "Budget Builds" on here gone astray also... Including my own.

Comment

• Rugerfan.64
          Warrior
          • May 2014

Hello from the land of cotton. What part of MS are you in ? if I may ask? You'll love the Grrr, its a lot more fun than the run of the mill AR chambering.

Comment

• Wargrendeleagle
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

Yeah I bought an Anderson lower that I had laying around thinking I'd do something and one day decided on a Grendel. Next thing I know I'm buying a $200+ trigger among other things! I trued the upper and bedded the barrel. I need all the help I can get with accuracy. I know I could have gotten a more top of the line barrel. But I'd feel more guilty since we're building a home and trying to have a kid haha!

Around the McComb area in South MS. And yes that's what I like about the grendel. No one knows about it here. When I find ammo I'm the first to buy it.

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, Wargrendeleagle, from the Great Nation of Texas!

Comment

• Wargrendeleagle
                Warrior
                • Sep 2018

IMG_20181031_173912.jpg

I took a decent one today. This is sort of a test as well posting pictures. Every forum seems to be different. Nothing terribly unique. But I really like it. The handguard is a wojtek weaponry mlok 15" and a Luth AR MBA-1

Comment

• Texas
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2016

Nice looking rig!

Comment

• Rugerfan.64
                    Warrior
                    • May 2014

Yes sir, been through McComb a time or two on the way to Texas for work. East Central here along the I 20 corridor. Grr is a lot of fun. Hard on critters too.

Comment

• Wargrendeleagle
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2018

Thanks!

I can't wait to get it going. I built a 300 blk first but should have just started with Grendel first haha. We have plenty of critters here that's for sure.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Wargrendeleagle View Post
                        Yeah I bought an Anderson lower that I had laying around thinking I'd do something and one day decided on a Grendel. Next thing I know I'm buying a $200+ trigger among other things! I trued the upper and bedded the barrel. I need all the help I can get with accuracy. I know I could have gotten a more top of the line barrel. But I'd feel more guilty since we're building a home and trying to have a kid haha!

Around the McComb area in South MS. And yes that's what I like about the grendel. No one knows about it here. When I find ammo I'm the first to buy it.
                        I use to hunt in that area in my teenage years with my dad and a guy he use to work offshore with when penroid drilling was still in operation.

Y'all got some serious thunder chicken chaser's around that area.

Comment

• Wargrendeleagle
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                          I use to hunt in that area in my teenage years with my dad and a guy he use to work offshore with when penroid drilling was still in operation.

Y'all got some serious thunder chicken chaser's around that area.
                          You're not kidding. No shortage of targets that's for sure. Bucks are even starting to be worth putting on the wall. I just gotta find them like everyone else seems to be!

Comment

• IescapedCali
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2017

Welcome from Nevada . That’s a good looking rig ya got there.

Comment

Working...
                            X