• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PKT1106
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

New 6.5G Shooter

Hello everyone. I came across this site looking for a different caliber that I could use in the AR platform. I wanted to use it ad an all-around cartridge for activities from target shooting to deer hunting. After much research and deliberation, I decided the Grendel was the best option. I have started collecting parts for an upper build. So far I have an Odin Works 18" barrel kit with the gas block, gas tube and BCG from JoeBob . Also have a Pro-Fab upper fro Aim Surplus. Waiting on an Aero Quantum M-Lok 15" Free Float handguard and some other small parts.

As for an optic, I am looking forward to the release of the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-12 in March. I have acquired some components to reload (cfe223, hornady brass, Hornady dies and some bullets). I have been reloading since 2010 in multiple pistol and rifle calibers.

I have been lurking for a little while. Thanks to those before me who have contributed information here as well as other forums. I look forward to assisting anyway I can to add to the information here.
  • Texas
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2016

welcome to the forum, you made a good choice for a best all around caliber

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. If you don't have the reloading handbooks, I highly recommend them and use them myself more often than I ever imagined, even being one of the contributors who thought I was familiar enough with the material to never need to open the pages again.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum PKT1106. Sounds like your going to have a great build. I'm interested in the new Diamondback also. It'll be interesting to see it's features and specs.

Comment

Working...
        X