• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffreybehr
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2016

Newish member from Phoenix

I didn't know I had BlackRifleDisease until this summer after I bought a Del-Ton entry-level AR-15. With factory-new cartridges as inexpensive as they are, I vowed NOT to reload for it, and I've kept that promise to myself. However, after a month or two, I had to have something better--or at least different--so I bought a Live Free Armory 20"-barreled Hunter in 308. That has turned into a beautiful 10-pound, 12-ounce rifle...

...that's a little too heavy for this 72-year-old with a worn-out right shoulder. While this 308 was being finished, I investigated smaller-bullet-diameter cartridges for the 'AR-10' frame, and after tabulating many-dozen loads from a half-dozen manuals--I LOVE spreadsheets!--I settled on the 7mm-08. Then the 308 arrived, grew into almost 11 pounds, and I started looking at alternative cartridges for the lighter AR-15 frame. (That's 'alternative' to the 6X45mm which I also have a-building, but it's going very slowly.) I'm still looking forward to my 18"-barreled 'Big-6', but now I've put the additional 'AR-10' out of mind and settled on another AR-15 in 6.5 Grendel and am reading all about them here.

Maybe in a month or two I too will have a 6.5G to brag about.
    A shootist and reloadist for more than 50 years, this year with black rifles.
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Welcome! There is definitely an abundance of info here in the horde.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• AZ. Old Guy
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

Welcome from north Phoenix. I go out to Ben Avery couple times a month if you're in the area.
      NRA Lifer

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. I've owned 5 different AR10s, LR-308s, LR-260s, and I don't shoot them anymore really, sold all the .308s. I kept one .260 Rem custom build from GA Precision, but I haven't shot it in a while.

I'm losing track of how many Grendel projects I have going on.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum jefferybehr and to BRD. You'll have a lot of company with many more infected members with numerous strains of BRD.

Comment

Working...
          X