X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I bought a 6.5 Grendel Shilen barrel with matching bolt and ordered a PSA Premium 5.56 BCG to go with my PSA blem upper and lower. I swapped out the 5.56 bolt for the 6.5 Grendel bolt and it has worked great. I kept the 5.56 bolt for a spare.

Comment

• Red Dawn
      Warrior
      • Nov 2016

I finished the first AR 6.5G. Aero lower and upper. The upper has the M and diamond on top Mueller forged I've never seen that one. I have an Anderson 16" barrel and .136 RedX bolt with Colt ejector and extractor. I did go enhanced pin just in case for harder primers mostly laquer cited ammo for this build. BCM CH and a keymod handguard. I put a Vortex 4x12 on a Nikon M mount. Looking forward to trying it out soon.
      "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison

Comment

• Red Dawn
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

I did a function test with some Hornady 123gr SST. I had to go to the local indoor range so 25yds is what I could shoot. I'm happy though I'll get to an outdoor range and stretch it out a bit soon. Thanks for all the info and help I'm really liking this AR6.5G a lot. I can't upload my pics from my phone they are to large but a 4 shot group was a about 1/4 moa in 25 hope that it's 1" at 100 will see I think that pretty good for a budget build rifle.
        "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison

Comment

• Nicaburns
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Red Dawn View Post
          I did a function test with some Hornady 123gr SST. I had to go to the local indoor range so 25yds is what I could shoot. I'm happy though I'll get to an outdoor range and stretch it out a bit soon. Thanks for all the info and help I'm really liking this AR6.5G a lot. I can't upload my pics from my phone they are to large but a 4 shot group was a about 1/4 moa in 25 hope that it's 1" at 100 will see I think that pretty good for a budget build rifle.
          Congrats! I am loving the round too... Will be great to see Grendel popularity grow in GA!

Comment

Working...
          X