• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tatubom1
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2016

Starting first build in Texas

Just wanted to stop in and say hi as I start my build, right now all I have is a 20" barrel and an Anderson lower and uppe. Right now I am planning on a percision firearms 6.5 BCG and a magpul prs stock but still looking in to what muzzle device and trigger to use. It will be a hunting rifle. Let me know yalls thoughts.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

If your going to be carrying the rifle more then two hundred yards you might want to rethink the prs stock.
    I had one and it's great on the bench but no so good for walking to a deer stand and back.

As far as trigger get the best your budget will allow, I use the ssa-e and it's everything they say it is for me it's worth more money then I payed for it.

I like the mechforce enforcer 308 muzzle brake.

Hope this info helps sir.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum tatubom1, a lot of great people belong to this site. I personally prefer A-2 Flash Hider or plain muzzle on my AR-15's. I use Geissele G2S or RRA NM triggers in my AR-15's.

Comment

• Redomen
        Warrior
        • Jun 2016

I built a 20" with PRS stock. It is heavy but I don't use this rifle for stalking (box blind only) so it serves me well. As for a trigger, I put a Geiselle G2S two stage in. It is the same as the SSA with a different lock up. It is cheaper and is crisp and clean. I love it and you can get one on sale through Primary Arms for $123.00 when they run them. Hope this helps

Comment

• tatubom1
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2016

Thanks for the advice, I was definitely leaning towards Geissele for the trigger just looking in to which one would be best for me. For the stock I am planing that one for stand hunting and bench shooting and shaping the lower for my lighter lower I already have for stalking. For muzzle device I am leaning towards just the standard a2 style because when hunting you tontine always have time to put ear pro on before taking the shoot and it is nicer to other hunters in the area to not scare off every game in the 2 sq miles of you when you take the shot, but maybe I am over estimating how loud a muzzle break is.

Comment

• Josh
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Redomen View Post
            I love it and you can get one on sale through Primary Arms for $123.00 when they run them.
            DPMS has them for $110.

Comment

• Josh
              Bloodstained
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by tatubom1 View Post
              maybe I am over estimating how loud a muzzle break is.
              No, you're not. Suppressors are legal for hunting in Texas since 2012.

Comment

• WillD
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2014

I like my PRS with an 18" barrel !
                +100 Geissele triggers !!
                Member since 03/2011, pre-SAAMI, Pre-crash

Comment

• Texas
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum from another Texan!
                  I prefer the 20 inch rifle and I do have a PRS stock on it. It works well from a blind, stand oe truck.

Do you really need more accuracy than a standard Grendel?

Comment

• Drillboss
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2015

If stalking is in your plans, I'd start planning a 16" lightweight build pretty quick. My 20" rifle weighs about 10 lbs while the 16" is about 6. Granted, I'm getting older and lazier, but I don't want to carry the 20" very far.

Comment

• diddlyv
                      Warrior
                      • Aug 2016

Welcome to the Horde. Texas may be big enough to find a place to shoot the grendel at max range
                      Queen of Battle
                      Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

Working...
                      X