Just joined the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrazy-Chris
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

Just joined the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dudes,

I am super excited to have just placed an order for my first 6.5 Grendel. I just purchased the AA 16" Lite fluted barrel and plan to replace the 18" 5.56 DPMS MK12 barrel in this rifle with the new grendel barrel:

[IMG]Untitled by Chrazy-Chris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here's my story on the Grendel - I've always wanted one. The ballistics speak for themself. This is the most superior cartridge for the standard-sized AR. I had a bit of an impulse by on a LaRue Stealth 5.56 barrel due to their awesome barrel sale. I always wanted a LaRue but decided I'll never afford one and this was as close as I'd get. As I went to upgrade the barrel from the old DPMS on the above rifle, I hit a bump in the road because I could not find my dang barrel wrench. Ordered a new wrench on Amazon and the next day (today) I'm sitting here reading the forums over at another website where a guy was talking about his 6.5Grendel with a new Proof barrel and how handy of a rifle that was. I always liked the idea of a 16" lightweight grendel as a do-all rifle. If I could only have one rifle, this is what the setup would be. Well for S&G's I looked at that AA lite barrel which I'd pondered a million times prior to see if it happened to still be in stock. Well it was and a second impulse buy later I have an order placed. I'm incredibly excited for this barrel. I only hope AA ships QUICK because I'm hoping to bring it with me on my deer hunt this November. I also ordered 200rds of 123 SST's, the AA hard use bolt, E-Lander Mags. I do reload so I'll be using the brass from this ammo to put together my own loads, I'm planning on using 8208XBR and 123 SST's or A-Max's. I built this AR with the 5.56 barrel about three years ago as my first AR build and it has been evolving ever since. It has a Geissele SSA-E (but I have a LaRue MBT on the way), Young Mfg bolt carrier, and I'll use a Silencerco Flash Hider on it for use with my Specwar762. I have also upgraded the scope to a Vortex 4-16x44.

Guys, I'm super stoked. I expect to use this rifle on mule deer, coyotes, and steel.
  • JASmith
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard!!

Mule deer, coyotes, and steel?

Check out this thread and you'll see the cartridge has been used for mice on up to some amazingly large animals: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...wn-quot-survey.
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Sounds great Chrazy-Chris and welcome to the forum. I hope your order from AA arrives soon. Be sure to let the forum know when you get 6.5 Grendel assembled!

Comment

Working...
      X