• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gilchrist
    Unwashed
    • Jun 2016

New Member From Kansas

Read a few things on here. Not new to Guns or AR's but am new to the Grendel I built one and have shot it a dozen or so times. Plan on reloading it have a Dillion 550b progressive with LEE dies, going to see how it goes and hopefully purchase some Redding dies. Look forward to learning from the experienced guys and hopefully Retain some information.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum, there are some very knowledgeable shooters on this forum who are always willing to help.
    Last edited by VASCAR2; 07-02-2016, 03:44 AM.

Comment

• Gilchrist
      Unwashed
      • Jun 2016

My 6.5 Grendel

It started out as a matched upper and lower from Radical Firearms, with a 16" AR Stoner barrel wrapped in a Seekins 12.5" free float tube. Luth AR stock and a Jewell 2 stage match trigger. Atop is a Leupold mark AR 3-9x40 mildot with a 3" sunshade on it, sitting in some cheap rings till I find a one piece mount I like. Questions, concerns, and suggestions are welcome thanks for looking and can't wait to hear your thoughts.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Gilchrist; 07-03-2016, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Good looking rifle, I'm using a Leupold Mark AR 3-9X40 Mildot on my 16" 6.5 Grendel. I'm using a RRA 1" tube cantilever mount but this rifle shoots good enough I've thought about getting a canted 20 MOA mount. I run out of elevation at 700-800 yards but have access to a Friend's 1000 yard range. Still impresses me you can accurately shoot that far with a 16" carbine.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Nice looking rifle sir.

Look at the aero extended one peice mounts, check joebobs they normally have them on sale.

I just upgraded to that mount myself and they are super light but built tough and the aero's customer service is top self if you have a blond moment like I did and over torque a screw and break it, they sent me a new one and payed me back my shipping charges.

Hope this info helps sir

Comment

• kbarnes12
            Warrior
            • Nov 2011

Greeting from the corner of 54 and 75. This is a great site for not only Grendel information but many other hunting and shooting questions.
            sigpic
            Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.

Comment

Working...
            X