• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • realtreehunter
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2016

Another new to Grendel guy

Hi every one. My name is Shane and I have a problem. I have more guns and calibers than I can shoot in a month and now I have found a new want, a 6.5 Grendel. I figured this would be the place to come for people in the know to talk me out of it. Just kidding, I came here to figure out what parts I want from the guys in the know. I have been reading through a few threads and don't remember when I registered to be honest but just realized that I could post! So I hope you guys don't mind some questions from a complete noob to the caliber cuz I'm sure I'll be asking some.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome! A lot of what you want will depend on how you intend to use your Grendel. If you are in the Eastern US, with little chance to shoot beyond 100-200 yards, then a 16 or 18 inch barrel will do everything you ask of it. If you are in the wide open spaces of the west, you may want to go longer. Good luck and have fun!!

Comment

• realtreehunter
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2016

Thanks for the welcome bwaites, I am actually considering two uppers, one 12" and one 18-20". Where I live in western NC we have hardwood ridges that allow for 0-100 yard shots, and clearcuts that allow for much farther shots. Throw in hunting land in the SC lowcountry that goes from 30yds max in the woods to 3-400yds down a fire break and I think both uppers would be very useful.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by realtreehunter View Post
        Thanks for the welcome bwaites, I am actually considering two uppers, one 12" and one 18-20". Where I live in western NC we have hardwood ridges that allow for 0-100 yard shots, and clearcuts that allow for much farther shots. Throw in hunting land in the SC lowcountry that goes from 30yds max in the woods to 3-400yds down a fire break and I think both uppers would be very useful.
        You've got it figured out! Welcome, and enjoy your rifles!

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Shane, your not alone, many of us are avid shooters with many different rifles, pistols and shotguns.

Comment

• ah1whiskey
            Warrior
            • Sep 2015

i have noticed that most all the 6.5G shooters have about every cal you can get in a ar-15 -- it would be simpler to list the ones i don't have --

lets see -- 458 socom, 50BW , 30 carbine-- oh and i don't have a .22lr --lol

i did just get through with a 20" eel-chepo blank in 6.5g for a truck gun-- looks

out here it is lot like your neck of the woods most deer are taken at about 80M but a cut over can make life tough on a brush gun. the 6.5G is getting a good reputation around here as a "hog buster".

welcome to 6.5 G!!!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

Working...
              X