• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ar15hookem
    Unwashed
    • May 2016

Newbie her to the Grendel

Hi all from soggy Texas.

Just started my Grendel build and all I need is the barrel and bolt. I have ordered an Alexander 16 incher middle of May and it will not ship until July 1 at the earliest. Oh well, I will just have to be satisfied popping hogs with my 7.62x39 upper.

Main reason I am getting into the Grendel is for better long range performance on hogs and deer. With this weather, long range is best since wading fields can be hard.

Not first ar btw. I got into them when the place where I work did ballistic testing and bought the ar's for the test. I bought them when we were done and it has been down hill from there.

The build is going on a matched billet receiver set. Rock river lpk, free float handguard by omega and carbine stock set by omega. Barrel and bolt by Alexander arms with a David Defence bcg. Scope? Depends on funds.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum sounds like a great build. Maybe Texas will dry out by the time you get your rifle assembled. lol

Comment

• kmon
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2015

Welcome to the Horde fellow Texan. The reason you listed is a good one to get a Grendel and once you start using it the rest of the ARs might feel neglected.

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Ar hookem, glad to have you on our team Grendel. Sorry of your wet conditions there in Texas. A lot of people are hurting- loss of homes, property, etc.
        Sounds like lives have been spared though,.? Get the best scope you can, I use a $59.00 Tasco ``` 3x9` on 1 AR,,,, I tend to drop it on a pull up cord retrieval situation,,, dang squirrels chomp the cordiage. 26' was the last fall - oopsie...

Comment

Working...
        X