• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • verticallyblessed
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2016

New dude from Sooner state

howdy, I'm active duty Air Force in Oklahoma. Been here about 5 years now. Married a sweet okie gal. I built my Grendel back in 2012 and it never shot well with factory hornady sst or amax, which was about all that was available back then, so I'm looking into reloading data on here and I finally registered up, though I've been reading for a long time. So I plunged on redding dies, cci 450 srm's, IMR8208XBR, and some 123 a-max's. I've also got cci 400's and CFE223 on my shelf so might see what those do, too. Seems like the combo works for most folks so I'm hoping I can toss up a straight shooting load. The rifle has a BHW 24" bull with a custom spiral flute. It sure looks pretty, just haven't had any luck with accuracy so far

Also, I'm having trouble viewing peoples attached pictures. Must be a probationary thing?

-Thomas
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum, here is a link to the instructions on how to add photos to a post.

1. Go to the lower right corner of the "Quick Reply" section and click on the "Go Advanced" box. 2. In the next screen, below the "Your Message" section and in the "Additional Options" section click the "Manage Attachments" box. 3. In the new window that opens up click the

I use photobucket web hosting service which is free. I up load the image to photobucket then copy the image code(quick link) for my image into my post on the forum. Either method will work, thank you for your Service!

Comment

• SG4247
      Warrior
      • Aug 2013

Welcome!

If you want to shoot some steel plates at the OKC gun club just send me a PM.

I can take you out there as a guest, and we can launch some lead out to 500M.

SG4247
      NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.

One thing I've seen is that the SAAMi chambered guns just shoot, no matter what load I put in them.

The variant chambers are hit and miss. Some of them will shoot superbly, while others I can barely get them at an inch at 100yds.

My suspicion with the BHW barrels is that they like speed and or softer pills, that will slug up into the rifling. They have a very shallow rifling depth, so start pressure is much less with them, and they allow you to push the speed about 50fps faster on average.

I would try the Nosler Ballistic Tip loaded close to the lands with the BHW barrel and see how she does, using 8208XBR.

If you reference the data we published in the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks, you will have some great loads to try.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Drillboss
          Warrior
          • Jan 2015

Welcome aboard. Are you at Tinker?

Comment

• devildogandboy
            Warrior
            • Sep 2015

welcome aboard from another BHW owner! i have had my barrel for a few months now and have been out a few times trying the Hornady 120 Amax over CFE223 and WSR primers having some pretty good results.

Bruce
            HOLY CRAP, DID YOU SEE THAT????????

Comment

• okieboy84
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2016

Fellow newbie from OK also...although I'm a true newbie to all things 6.5 Grendel lol. I think vascar2 may have misunderstood you, I know you asked about viewing pics, not posting them. I don't know if I have had any issues that I can think of, unless the OP of the pictures deleted the linked picture. What browser are you using?

Comment

• reaper12
                Bloodstained
                • May 2015

Welcome from the Space Coast
                The only Love that Money can buy is a Dog

Comment

• leopard6.5
                  Bloodstained
                  • Feb 2016

Welcome to the Horde! Remember it's not a hobby, it's an addiction. So have fun.

Lee

Comment

Working...
                  X