• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duckholiday
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2015

New guy from Georgia

Hello Gentlemen,
    I'm your basic red blooded, freedom loving, all American fellow, and after plenty of research I've decided to give the ole' 6.5 Grendel a shot as the primary post-deployment project. I'll be using an 18 inch, intermediate Odin works barrel and BGC, non-adjustable gas block(comes with the barrel). Looking to mostly punch paper as far as I reasonably can. I'll be glad to get all the input I can from all you experts out there. Also interested if anyone here shoots any sort of mid-long range matches in the North Georgia area. I'm not super competitive, just enjoy a bit of sport.

Thanks, I look forward to any and all input.
    "Say when"-Doc
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Welcome to the horde!

I love it when new members say "after researching...." Proves we have the smarter shooters over hear
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

• wheelguner
        Warrior
        • Oct 2011

Welcome to Georgia and to the Horde!

The CMP Range is a new state or the art range located just outside of Talladega, Al and is an easy day trip from Atlanta:

Riverbend Gun Club
        Address: 988 River Bend Gun Club Rd, Dawsonville, GA 30534
        Phone770) 893-3502

They hold a variety of matches:
        The encouragement of organized shooting activities for members and guests, to provide knowledge of the safe handling, proper use, care of firearms, improved marksmanship, honesty, and good fellowship.

North GA covers a lot of area, if you would be a little more specific in your location I could tell you about more ranges nearest you.

My home range is Cherokee Gun Club and we are currently limited to 200yds:

CMP is open to the public and RBCG & CGC are private clubs but schedule matchs are open to the public and and are great places to meet avid shooters and learn more about what else is near by.

Almost forgot this link to a search page maintained by the National Sport Shooting Foundatuin:

Comment

• Lightning8
          Warrior
          • Jun 2015

The Creekside Range in Cartersville area has some competition that may suit you.

Comment

• devildogandboy
            Warrior
            • Sep 2015

welcome aboard.

Bruce
            HOLY CRAP, DID YOU SEE THAT????????

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• duckholiday
                Unwashed
                • Dec 2015

Thanks for all the info! I'm located in Cumming, little bit north of Atlanta. I've been to Cherokee for an IDPA match, nice range, I didn't get to check out their rifle range. Looks like I'll have to check out RBGC and the CMP matches, have you shot any of them? Thanks for all the links.
                "Say when"-Doc

Comment

• customcutter
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2014

Welcome duckholiday, has anyone offered to be your "huckleberry" yet? Maybe someone will step up and give it a shot. No puns intended. LOL Yes, gotta love it when guys do the research, know about BC, SD, etc..... and they say there is no "magic bullet" HOGWASH.....

Comment

• duckholiday
                    Unwashed
                    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by customcutter View Post
                    Welcome duckholiday, has anyone offered to be your "huckleberry" yet? Maybe someone will step up and give it a shot. No puns intended. LOL Yes, gotta love it when guys do the research, know about BC, SD, etc..... and they say there is no "magic bullet" HOGWASH.....
                    Haha no offers yet, but I'm glad someone appreciates the reference!
                    "Say when"-Doc

Comment

• wheelguner
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2011

devildogandboy,

I chuckle every time I read your signature!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X