• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanley0110
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2015

Hello, new to the forum

Hello, I am new to the forum and look forward to the information exchange. I have just completed the build out of my Grendel upper two weeks ago. I also reloaded using Hornady 123 A Max bullet with a powder charge at 26.5; 27.0; 27.5; and 28.0 grains of IMR 4895. I was pleased with the results, so far. I intend to experiment with different powders, but is down the road. So, this is my introduction and look forward to the discussions in this forum.
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard Stanley!

One thing I would recommend is that with the Grendel case, use .3gr increments for your load testing when increasing the charge weight, since that is about 1% of case volume.

The Grendel will hold ~35gr of H2O, and most powder charges are in the 27.0-34.0 range, so call it 30gr average of usable powder capacity. 1% of 30 = .3gr.

In my .260 Remington, I use .4gr increments since most of my loads are in the 40-42gr region. With my .270 Winchester, I use .5 or .6gr increments since many of the charge weights are in the 53-60gr range.

Have you seen the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks we put together as a forum? There is a ton of data in them, as well as specific load procedures and component considerations for the AR15/6.5 Grendel, terminal ballistics testing, hunting considerations, maximum effective ranges based on bullet expansion thresholds, point blank zeros for different barrel lengths, optics, cartridge history, gas system and barrel lengths, etc.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• devildogandboy
      Warrior
      • Sep 2015

welcome.

Bruce
      HOLY CRAP, DID YOU SEE THAT????????

Comment