• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Major Kong
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2015

Howdy from The Great State of Texas

Just dropping a line to say hello.

I don't own a 6.5 Grendel rifle yet, but plan acquiring one in the very near future.

I am very intrigued with this round, as it appears to be an awesome all around answer. It can take deer at reasonable distances, put the hurt on some hogs, shoot lights put groups at 100 yards, and allow me to venture to longer distance shooting.

I believe I am going to get my feet wet with a Radical Firearms 20" rifle. I live in Houston and like support the locals when I can. Plus funds are tight and can't jump into a Firearms, Alexander Arms, or the like at the moment.

Thanks for having me and looking forward to learning as much as possible here and hopefully contributing some as well.

MK
    Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Do you already have an AR? If so, building an upper to put on your lower is way below rocket science. AA 20" bbl - $240, forged upper receiver - less than $100 (billets around $200), Geissele black friday handguard - $250 or so, gas tube and gas block - about $50. Get a barrel nut wrench and a torque wrench and you're good to go for about $700 or so.

Any tools that you buy will be used again and again. I didn't know how to do it before I built my first one.

Welcome to the horde, by the way.

Hmmm, thought about this some more and you'll still need a bolt or a bolt carrier group and a charging handle. That RF price is looking pretty attractive, but I don't know anything about their stuff.
    Last edited by Drillboss; 11-30-2015, 04:38 AM. Reason: Second thoughts...

Comment

• GM2
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2015

Welcome!

If you end up getting the Radical Firearms 20" you will not be disappointed, I have the 24" and love it. There are also several others here that have it (one of us! one of us!) But one thing to know going in is that they make each upper and 6.5 barrel to order so it will take 4-8 weeks to get it once you place an order, mine was 4 weeks.

If you are curious about accuracy for RF this was my last time at the range re-sighting in at 200 White was sighting in then black reactive was the best of three three shot groups.
      Attached Files

Comment

• pkee
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2014

welcome to the fourm . its a great place to learn and share all that is 6.5 Grendel .

Comment

• devildogandboy
          Warrior
          • Sep 2015

welcome. there's a lot of help here if you need it, the guys have helped me out when i was clueless. thanks to them my Grendel is up and running.

Bruce
          HOLY CRAP, DID YOU SEE THAT????????

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

• robertc1024
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2015

Hey MK - welcome over here!

Comment

• danm
                Warrior
                • Aug 2014

Greeetings from WA! I have a Radical 10.5" 5.56 pistol that runs 100%, can't wait to here how your 6.5g shoots.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.
                  NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Major Kong
                    Unwashed
                    • Nov 2015

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Now I am thinking of buying a complete upper from Radical for $540, and building the lower myself. Did the same thing with a 5.56 AR I had to sell a while back.
                    Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

Comment

Working...
                    X