• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dinny
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

WTS: Custom Rem Model 7 in 35 Remington

The good:
    2008 or newer Remington Model 7 started life as a 308 Win. I sent the barreled action and a separate standard contour Rem M700 .223 Rem barrel to Jes Reboring. He rebored and rechambered the .223 barrel to 35 Rem (3 groove 1:16" twist) and swapped out the 308 barrel. My local gunsmith glass and pillar bedded the factory plastic stock, shortened and crowned the barrel at 21". He also coated the barrel, action, bolt shroud, and bolt handle with matte black Brownells Alumahyde. I installed a curved Timney trigger, Talley lightweight rings, and Leupold VX3 2.5-8x36 duplex reticle scope.

The not as good:
    Jes didn't index the barrel so the original barrel markings can be seen near the stock edge. The Alumahyde is not resisting wear as good as I had hoped and it has a few scratches. The crown is cold blued since the Alumyhyde has worn off. This rifle doesn't like RN bullets and won't feed them easily.

The best:
    It shoots 200gr FTXs, 180gr SSPBs, and 220gr Speers MOA or better all day long. Most of the time I'm able to cloverleaf 3-5 shots of the LVR ammo at 50yds. I will include well established and proven accurate load data.

Firmly asking $1050 shipped and insured to a CONUS FFL. AK, CA, HI may all be more to ship due to distance and extra hassles.

It cost me $1700 to put this together. Weight = 7lbs 5oz, LOP = 13.25"

I can text pics upon request, PM me your cell number. It's possible I could be convinced to trade for a short action push feed Win M70, maybe.

Thanks, Dinny
    Last edited by Dinny; 08-03-2020, 02:30 AM.
Working...
X