• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    The current prices are understandable, in that many States are banning importation of currently-available arms. I was even considering selling one of mine for obscene profits to buy a 4-wheeler, but my wife won't let me get rid of anything firearms-related because we don't know what will be available for our children and future grandchildren.

Hopefully, this will blow over for those of us who can still legally buy modern sport-utility rifles in common use. I still wish it was pre-86, or pre-68, or pre-34, because we're left with pea shooters compared to what Hussein is selling to narco-terrorists south of our border. Look what happened to machine gun prices in 1986. You used to be able to buy an M16 for the same price as an AR15. Now an M16 is $16,000 on up, depending on collectibility and rareness.
    I'm in the same boat. I could sell off portions of various ammo forts and make quite a pile of cash, but I won't for fear of the difficulty in replacing them. The same for ARs and other guns I have.

NFA: Double ditto! I'm so pissed I wasn't born earlier. I have a few full autos, but not nearly what I want or would have bought if I'd been old enough back then.

I want/wanted a Lahti, Steyr Solothurn, MG42, M2 Browning, etc., etc., etc. I didn't get started on NFA stuff until 1997, because I was too young and broke before then. I had a dealer beg me to buy a 1919 for 5k (back when I bought my RDIAS and M11), but I "didn't want one". He told me I'd be sorry. Yep, he was right.LOL
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
    X