Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 16" carbine length Grendel barrel

Hi All,

I'm looking for a 16" 6.5 Grendel barrel with a carbine length gas system. It will be used for a <300 yard hunting rifle. It needs to be carbine length because I have beautiful wood furniture for it already Ideally, the barrel would be a 1:7 but less than 1:9 twist.

Thanks in advance,
    Roman

Saturn sells Liberty barrels w/bolt and I bought one of the 16 inch. It shoots under an inch with several loads and especially likes the 120 Nosler BT. I just checked and they still show one in stock on their web site. Kevin

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Drifter

Comment

rkflorey - i can't get a hold of satern after leaving a couple of messages. i did get an order form from kim at satern but that's it and she said it would be october or november before the barrel is ready if i order now. i know they're a small operation (and so is my business) but i still manage to contact customers that have questions (not impressed with their service at this point).

Drifter - thanks i saw jt's barrel and called them but i can't get a clear answer about the twist of the barrel. when i called the first time to ask about the twist, i was told 1:8 and when i called to order i was told it was 1:9 so i held off.

Thought getting a barrel was gonna be a bit easier than this then again this is the first time I'm building an upper from scratch. Still looking!

Thanks guys!
        Roman

Comment

get in touch with Bob at Templar Custom, he was supposed to be getting some Bergara barrels-very good button barrels- not sure of twist but he will try to help.877-878-2334, Bobs number. best way to reach him is by phone.

Comment

Thanks ricsmall. I'll call him tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X